Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Suggest some packed lunches for a fussy eater Watch

• Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    ^^
    I m not a big fan of sandwiches, I don't eat cheese,mayo or butter or tuna.
    One lunch is love is a chicken tomato pasta but I d love to avoid meat for lunch everyday so all suggestions welcome,especially any veggie ones

(Original post by claireestelle)
    ^^
    I m not a big fan of sandwiches, I don't eat cheese,mayo or butter or tuna.
    One lunch is love is a chicken tomato pasta but I d love to avoid meat for lunch everyday so all suggestions welcome,especially any veggie ones
    How about a veggie cous cous salad
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    How about a veggie cous cous salad
    Which flavour cous cous do you recommend?

Which flavour cous cous do you recommend?
    I like the ones by Ainsley Hariott. The roasted vegetable and the sun dried tomato & garlic are my two favourites.

http://www.ainsley-harriott.com/prod...nges/cous-cous
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    I like the ones by Ainsley Hariott. The roasted vegetable and the sun dried tomato & garlic are my two favourites.

http://www.ainsley-harriott.com/prod...nges/cous-cous
    Thank you That does look nice, i'll see if i can find some in the supermarket later

ReputationRep:
    I was going to suggest pasta haha, but there's lots of different sauces you could try. Rice can be pretty nice, you can pack it into a salad and add some fruit/veg so it tastes good and does good small things that you can snack on, like falafels (which are veggie!) are also good ideas if you like that sort of food
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    I was going to suggest pasta haha, but there's lots of different sauces you could try. Rice can be pretty nice, you can pack it into a salad and add some fruit/veg so it tastes good and does good small things that you can snack on, like falafels (which are veggie!) are also good ideas if you like that sort of food
    Thank you for your suggestions I've actually never tried a falafel before, what do you put in them?

Thank you for your suggestions I've actually never tried a falafel before, what do you put in them?
    Falafel is so nice! They go really well with cous cous actually. Or you could add something like boiled egg to it

ReputationRep:
    Well you can buy them ready-made or make them yourself (they aren't too hard to make). They're a middle-eastern food, made out of chickpeas or sometimes fava beans, deep fried but it's quite healthy, vegeterian, and you could put them in the oven to bake instead of fry if you made them at home. They go very well with couscous, rice, curry, humous, among other things! Name:  maxresdefault.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  141.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    Sweetxorn and pasta
    Ritz crackers
    Cheese, biscuits and grapes

ReputationRep:
    http://huel.com
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDS16)
    Well you can buy them ready-made or make them yourself (they aren't too hard to make). They're a middle-eastern food, made out of chickpeas or sometimes fava beans, deep fried but it's quite healthy, vegeterian, and you could put them in the oven to bake instead of fry if you made them at home. They go very well with couscous, rice, curry, humous, among other things! Name:  maxresdefault.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  141.3 KB
    They look quite nice actually, probably best for me to try ready made ones before committing to making them myself.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    Sweetxorn and pasta
    Ritz crackers
    Cheese, biscuits and grapes
    Sweetcorn and pasta is a good one, can't stand anything with cheese in it though.

ReputationRep:
    Sweetcorn and pasta is a good one, can't stand anything with cheese in it though.
    ah right - also what about kale and pasta cause kale doesn't taste of anything but it is an amazing protein source so you could have it as a substitute for meat

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.