Relating hobbies to psychology for personal statement?

Watch this thread
EnchantedRose
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,

How would you relate hobbies to the subject?

I am a very creative person so my hobbies include:

Drawing
Learning the ukulele
Dance
and then badminton as a sport I enjoy

I was thinking something along the lines of relating it to the brain but when I try to put the sentence together it sounds too pretentious... like I'm trying too hard to link them.

Help please?
Thanks
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Dont bother trying - hobbies don't need to be related. Focus on extra reading for talking about psychology and your interest in it
dean01234
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Not everything you write has to relate to the subject. When you're talking about your interests the main goal is to show that you're an interesting, well rounded person who would do well adapting to uni life. Don't try to force a link where there just isn't one.
username1884577
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Don't
EnchantedRose
Rep:
(Original post by *Interrobang*)
Dont bother trying - hobbies don't need to be related. Focus on extra reading for talking about psychology and your interest in it
(Original post by dean01234)
Not everything you write has to relate to the subject. When you're talking about your interests the main goal is to show that you're an interesting, well rounded person who would do well adapting to uni life. Don't try to force a link where there just isn't one.
(Original post by A-LJLB)
Don't
Alright, thanks all
username1884577
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by EnchantedRose)
Alright, thanks all
If you need help at all, just message me, I completed my statement for Psychology last year and got offers from Russel Group universities, with my college saying my statement was exceptionally strong
EnchantedRose
Rep:
If you need help at all, just message me, I completed my statement for Psychology last year and got offers from Russel Group universities, with my college saying my statement was exceptionally strong
Thanks so much! I probably will need help so that's really nice of you!
fefssdf
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Hobbies just show you have a life outside studying... literally just write something like ' besides studying i enjoy blah blah blah' like 2 sentences max.
Interrobang
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
You shouldnt ask for or accept help like that from someone you dont know over the internet. Plagiarism is very real and you cant control what happens to your PS after you send it to someone
EnchantedRose
Rep:
(Original post by fefssdf)
Hobbies just show you have a life outside studying... literally just write something like ' besides studying i enjoy blah blah blah' like 2 sentences max.
Okay I'll do that, thanks for the advice!
EnchantedRose
Rep:
(Original post by *Interrobang*)
You shouldnt ask for or accept help like that from someone you dont know over the internet. Plagiarism is very real and you cant control what happens to your PS after you send it to someone
Yeah I understand that I'll never really send my personal statement out, just the general questions etc. from someone who has already been through this to help me
EmilyPlatypus
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I didn't really put about hobbies in mine, it was more just about books I'd read and documentaries I'd watched relating to psychology
username1884577
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
No problem sweet!
Interrobang
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Yeah I understand that I'll never really send my personal statement out, just the general questions etc. from someone who has already been through this to help me
OK good! You'd be surprised how many people do... However, this forum (where your thread has been moved to) has exactly that purpose - to ask general questions, so you don't need to use PMs at all for that
Rtinde
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
hey could i see this please
Asrafakhar
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Hi! Could you please send it to me??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (19)
32.2%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.39%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.08%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.78%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
11.86%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.69%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads