Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I want to go in to PR after Uni, however, i don't think just a PR degree is the best option because I don't want to narrow my options too much for the future. I am thinking of doing Communications & PR or Communication & Marketing at Uni, but i am not sure what degree is best suited and useful, and also broad enough for a different career just in case. So any suggestions on what course I could/should take as an undergrad? I am sorry for the long explanation, but if anyone has taken one of these subjects or is doing PR as a career and can advise me, it would be hugely appreciated
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by HannahHiggs)
    Hi
    I want to go in to PR after Uni, however, i don't think just a PR degree is the best option because I don't want to narrow my options too much for the future. I am thinking of doing Communications & PR or Communication & Marketing at Uni, but i am not sure what degree is best suited and useful, and also broad enough for a different career just in case. So any suggestions on what course I could/should take as an undergrad? I am sorry for the long explanation, but if anyone has taken one of these subjects or is doing PR as a career and can advise me, it would be hugely appreciated
    It's not so much about the course title as whether it is recognised/accredited by the industry.

All accredited courses are listed here: https://www.cipr.co.uk/content/train...ty-course-list

It's a good idea to look round that site for more information and see what networking/internship opportunities they know of for student members.

Any course that is accredited and can offer a work placement will give you a headstart IF the placement is relevant and gives you the opportunity to put theory into practice. Don't be afraid to ask difficult questions about placements (how much support is offered, what companies and roles have been on offer in the past, what is the pay like, can you speak to students who have been on a placement etc)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.