Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am a mature student who has already got an unrelated BAHons degree but I have decided to go back to uni to study architecture as it's really all I think about.
    Unfortunately, being out of the loop I only realised I could afford it for certain on July 1st. Therefore I missed the application deadline by a hair.
    I am still going ahead with trying to apply for a September start but was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to go about it at this late stage? Is clearing possible? etc.
    Thanks in advance.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by efee)
    Hi,
    I am a mature student who has already got an unrelated BAHons degree but I have decided to go back to uni to study architecture as it's really all I think about.
    Unfortunately, being out of the loop I only realised I could afford it for certain on July 1st. Therefore I missed the application deadline by a hair.
    I am still going ahead with trying to apply for a September start but was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to go about it at this late stage? Is clearing possible? etc.
    Thanks in advance.
    Clearing opens tomorrow - as a mature student you aren't waiting for any results so going straight into clearing will give you a headstart and time to make a good decision.

Get your UCAS application going/finished - to apply through Clearing you'll still need a PS and a reference (you just dont add your 5 choices to your application).

Once Clearing opens get on UCAS course search to find courses that are open in Clearing. Cross check the list against the RIBA approved courses and make up a long list of options.

Ring up those options to check
    a) if they're in clearing (a lot of courses get put in clearing by accident at the start)
    b) if they're interested in an applicant with your background
    c) if it's possible to visit

Once you've narrowed down your long list to a shortlist then find out what they might want to see (ie they might ask for a portfolio or even invite you to interview), visit if you can and decide which course is your favourite.

Once you['re sure add your favourite as a clearing choice on UCAS Track - if they approve your application you'll have a confirmed place for the Autumn.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by efee)
    Hi,
    Thanks in advance.
    Hey there,

Yes clearing would be a good idea and you could phone universities you have in mind to explain your situation too! There's no harm asking

Oh and have you heard of Ravensbourne?
    We are in London and next to the O2 arena.

Check our BA Architecture course! 3 years duration and the requirements you need is all in the website! Also other Ravensbourne courses you might be interested in! To see it for yourself come and visit us so you can talk and meet current students and tutors Register here for the Open day!

Hope this helps,
    Ahlia

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.