Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am planning to do 3 A-levels, and I'm dropping business and having an AS levle business instead. Is it possible to count the A-level tariff points with the one AS level?

ReputationRep:
    If you have A2s as well in different subjects then AS counts, it will be worth half of an A level, so if you get an A at AS thats 60 points so its well worth having.

You don't count AS if you have got A2 in the subject, so an A at A2 is worth 120 points but you can't count the AS as the A2 includes that.

ReputationRep:
    Yep. Say, for instance you get A's in all of them, you'll have 120 + 120 + 120 + 60 = 420 UCAS points

The tarriff for A2s is:
    A - 120
    B - 100
    C - 80
    etc. and for AS is:
    A - 60
    B - 50
    C - 40
    etc.

ReputationRep:
    Every little helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    Every little helps.
    Yep doing an AS level in the second year because I no longer had to get AA in my AVCE to get in.

Every point counts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Yep doing an AS level in the second year because I no longer had to get AA in my AVCE to get in.

Every point counts.
    True, but this does apply to pre top 20 universities though, as the top 20 do give out offers based on grades.

ReputationRep:
    Hm, I maybe mis-reading the question, but are you asking if uni's take the points towards offers? Don't they usually say 'based on 3 A-levels' ect?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LS.)
    Hm, I maybe mis-reading the question, but are you asking if uni's take the points towards offers? Don't they usually say 'based on 3 A-levels' ect?
    Why did you ignore my post?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    Why did you ignore my post?
    Because I'm half asleep. Apologies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LS.)
    Because I'm half asleep. Apologies.
    No probs.

ReputationRep:
    I saw on the UCAS website the GCE AS-level section in the admissions for the course. It says: Acceptable only when combined with other qualifications. Does that mean one AS level subject can not be counted towards the tariff score?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.