Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

At least 83 killed, 176 wounded in separate bombings across Baghdad Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/07...l?intcmp=hpbt1

BAGHDAD – At least 83 people have been killed and 176 wounded in two separate bomb attacks in the Iraqi capital Sunday morning, Iraqi officials said.

In the deadliest attack, a car bomb hit Karada, a busy shopping district in the center of Baghdad, killing 78 people and wounding 160, according to police and hospital officials. It struck as families and young people were out on the streets after breaking their daylight fast for the holy month of Ramadan.

The Islamic State group claimed responsibility for the bombing in a statement posted online, saying they had deliberately targeted Shiite Muslims. The statement could not be independently verified.

ReputationRep:
    "Hours after the bombing, Iraq's prime minister visited the blast site. Video footage uploaded to social media showed an angry crowd, with people calling Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi a "thief" and shouting at his convoy."

ReputationRep:
    this makes me pleased that my taxes are paying for drone strikes against these murdering scum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    this makes me pleased that my taxes are paying for drone strikes against these murdering scum.
    I mean, it's the Americans doing all the drone strikes, but your point is still valid, I guess... :>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    I mean, it's the Americans doing all the drone strikes, but your point is still valid, I guess... :>
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ng-Iraq.html**

ReputationRep:
    **** off, it's from the daily mail, it doesn't count!

Spoiler:
    Show
    you're right mb.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.