Heaven and hell: cities and towns of the UK

Watch
This discussion is closed.
James.Carnell
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
From my own experience

Heaven:
Newcastle
Durham
Edinburgh

Hell:
Manchester (Always raining, buildings look depressing as ****)
Same for Liverpool
Middlesbrough
username1258398
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
Heaven:
London minus Hackney and Brixton

Hell:
Everywhere else
JW22
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Hell and Hull have a very similar spelling.
Coincidence?
InvestmentBankin
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Heaven: London [most parts], Oxford and Cambridge. Hell: I mean, the list is endless.
username1539513
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Heaven: About 90% of Scotland inc Isle of Skye

Hell: Blackburn, Burnley, Accrington etc
Blue_Mason
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by StrangeBanana)
Heaven:

Hell:
Everywhere else

What?
Those parts are trendy , so urban and cool.
So many fit birds in hackney
Blue_Mason
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Soo many towns in this country that I did not even know existed, nor would I ever want to visit such towns.
username2694491
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by James.Carnell)
From my own experience

Heaven:
Newcastle
Durham
Edinburgh

Hell:
Same for Liverpool
Middlesbrough
Whenever I've visited Manchester I've been shocked by why it gets such a bad rep? Sure it might rain, but it's home to a few of the largest football clubs in the world, it held the commonwealth games and has incredible sports facilities for public use, shopping is about as good as you'll get in the UK and it's nice and lively. Transport is half decent and it's pretty good for food all at a decent price. Oh and Mancunians are a friendly bunch, so that's a plus.

I don't consider anywhere in the UK as heaven per se nor do I consider anywhere as hell. London and it's overpriced bubble, Sunderland, Middlesbrough and Norwich were the only places that I felt as though I'd rather be somewhere else...
ihatePE
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
heaven:
Griffithstown
London (excluding stockwell, hackney, brixton)
bristol

hell:
hackney
stockwell
halifax, yorkshire

from my experience
Another
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I think we can all agree that Jaywick Essex is the UK's hellhole.
Desi123
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Love Scotland but hate Glasgow
Gora The Xplorer
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Heaven: Cambridge, Oxford, Norwich, St Albans

Hell: London, Leeds, Manchester, Bradford
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 5 years ago
Do you actually have to have been to these places or is it just a chance to slate them?
tomtjl
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by James.Carnell)
From my own experience

Heaven:
Newcastle
Durham
Edinburgh

Hell:
Same for Liverpool
Middlesbrough
(Original post by StrangeBanana)
Heaven:

Hell:
Everywhere else
I live in Manchester during the summer and Brixton while I'm at uni. RIP me.
Vav Sartrean Po
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Heaven: Educational systems in Oxford, Cambridge and London (i.e. private schools, grammar schools, universities etc)

Hell: Bradford
username2585877
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Hell: Birmingham
tanyapotter
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
heaven: bristol, edinburgh, oxford, cambridge, london

hell: the west midlands
Wahrheit
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by tanyapotter)
heaven: bristol, edinburgh, oxford, cambridge, london

hell: the west midlands
Never been to Edingburg but can imagine it's nice. Otherwise swap Bristol with Nottingham and add various parts of Cornwall in for heaven and we are on the same page! *
richpanda
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Hell: London.

Heaven: Everywhere else
Metrododo
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Gora The Xplorer)
Heaven: Cambridge, Oxford, Norwich, St Albans

Hell: London, Leeds, Manchester, Bradford
Curious, how so?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (138)
33.91%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.29%
No (110)
27.03%
I'm not sure (52)
12.78%

Watched Threads