The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Heaven and hell: cities and towns of the UK

Scroll to see replies

Heaven:London

The good and the bad makes London so great.
Original post by Gora The Xplorer
Parts like Chelsea, Uxbridge, Sloane Square are great, but for a place that expensive, most of London feels like a poor ghetto.

Chelsea is overatted
Original post by Blue_Mason
Chelsea is overatted

The houses are very pretty, it wouldn't appeal to me but I see why people would want to live there, most of London looks awful, even central, some nice museums and monuments surrounded by run down high streets.
Original post by Zygomaticus
Whenever I've visited Manchester I've been shocked by why it gets such a bad rep? Sure it might rain, but it's home to a few of the largest football clubs in the world, it held the commonwealth games and has incredible sports facilities for public use, shopping is about as good as you'll get in the UK and it's nice and lively. Transport is half decent and it's pretty good for food all at a decent price. Oh and Mancunians are a friendly bunch, so that's a plus.

I disagree with pretty much all of that. .
Original post by frankielogue
Hell: Birmingham

I just can't make myself hate Brum. The people are super friendly, it's got different cultures in a very real way, (London's multiculturalism is commercial BS). There are some wealthy parts which are lovely so it supports aspiration, the only reason to make money in London is to retire from your hell.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Wilfred Little
I disagree with pretty much all of that. .

You've got Man Utd, Man City, National Squash Centre, Veldodrome etc. Trafford centre, Arndale, plus the high street, friendly Mancunians, food and the transport is subjective but otherwise most of it is kinda factual.... :smile:
Original post by Zygomaticus
You've got Man Utd, Man City, National Squash Centre, Veldodrome etc. Trafford centre, Arndale, plus the high street, friendly Mancunians, food and the transport is subjective but otherwise most of it is kinda factual.... :smile:

Some of that stuff isn't even in Manchester.
Reply 27
Heaven: Cambridge, Oxford, Norwich, St Albans

Hell: London, Leeds, Manchester, Bradford

how dare u
im from bradford:frown::angry:
Original post by James.Carnell
From my own experience

Heaven:
Newcastle
Durham
Edinburgh

Hell:
Manchester (Always raining, buildings look depressing as ****)
Same for Liverpool
Middlesbrough

I'm from Middlesbrough!
Original post by Zeeyo
how dare u
im from bradford:frown::angry:

Bradistan is so poor they can't even afford the P.
im living in brighton and i think its pretty great. theres a really wide range of people and coming from a village where everyones white and straight (im not) it feels much more welcoming and interesting.
most of sussex is pretty dreadful though.
Reply 31
Bradistan is so poor they can't even afford the P.

whats the P
Original post by Zeeyo
whats the P

Original post by Wilfred Little
Some of that stuff isn't even in Manchester.

Greater Manchester then seeing you're being really being picky. I mean if London was considered to be the city of London only then frankly it's a bit ****. Likewise nearly every other major city in the UK. The places in the wider urban areas extending immediately from the main city centre in my eyes are part of the city.

Where do you define Manchester to be?
Heaven:
Oxford
Cambridge
Bath
Edinburgh
St Andrews
Bristol
London
Durham
Manchester (I love it)
Liverpool (mostly)

Hell: Some bits of London, including Croydon.
I just can't make myself hate Brum. The people are super friendly, it's got different cultures in a very real way, (London's multiculturalism is commercial BS). There are some wealthy parts which are lovely so it supports aspiration, the only reason to make money in London is to retire from your hell.

i live here mate its great when you visit but trust its full of chavs
The houses are very pretty, it wouldn't appeal to me but I see why people would want to live there, most of London looks awful, even central, some nice museums and monuments surrounded by run down high streets.

But Islington, Barnet and muswell hill are nice areas
Reply 37
Heaven: Bristol, Bath , Oxford, Cambridge
hell- All northern towns and cities including sea side town like black pool ewwwwwww
Original post by frankielogue
i live here mate its great when you visit but trust its full of chavs

Only the outlying areas, such as Dudley, Sparkhill, Selly Oak... :confused:... Holy **** it is a dump.
Heaven: Trafford
Hell: Rest of Manchester

Latest

Trending

Trending