Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if anyone else gets this, but I find that with Biology, it's always hard to roughly determine what you got after doing your exams for it. It's just very unpredictable. Like with Chemistry, you know roughly where you may have dropped marks, but with Biology? Not even. Last year (admittedly I didn't work hard enough) I thought I smashed both AS exams and got high As, but I ended up getting Cs in both. This year, I've worked 100x harder from day 1, retook both AS exams and tried my best, yet I think, for some odd reason, it wasn't enough and I may have missed out on an A? It's really bothering me too because I really need an A. Just seems like the type of subject where if you think you did really well, you probably did badly, and if you think you did badly, you may have still done badly. Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Same I thought my smashed unit 1 bio but ended up with a D but got a B in unit 2. Retook unit 1 this year and it was ok i guess but unit 4 this year was aids as **** and unit 5 was "alright" i guess but who knows what will happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdmiralAckbarkek)
    Same I thought my smashed unit 1 bio but ended up with a D but got a B in unit 2. Retook unit 1 this year and it was ok i guess but unit 4 this year was aids as **** and unit 5 was "alright" i guess but who knows what will happen
    You do edexcel for Bio? Yeah unit 4 was awful, but I think it'll have very low grade boundaries (hopefully) to make up for it. It's annoying because you'll never know how you truly did in a subject like Biology until results day.

ReputationRep:
    In AS biology AQA I came out of my exams and looked at the unofficial mark schemes thinking I'd got a B in unit 1 and an E unit 2- I ended up with an A in both units, so I would agree.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASTK98)
    You do edexcel for Bio? Yeah unit 4 was awful, but I think it'll have very low grade boundaries (hopefully) to make up for it. It's annoying because you'll never know how you truly did in a subject like Biology until results day.
    Yeah edexcel

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I reckon other people find that too. Biology is a lot more subjective than Chemistry/Physics I guess so that makes sense, sometimes there are more than one answer that gains you credit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdmiralAckbarkek)
    Yeah edexcel
    what you reckon the grade boundaries will be?

ReputationRep:
    something completely BS tbh

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.