Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yesterdya i fount out that my grandmar died, shes been sick for a while now (unresponsive, not talking, not eating ect ect) we all knew it was time for her to board the flight to heaven but it seems so unreal now!!! I feel like i could have talked to her more or spent more time with her. I feel so bad knowing that i will never see her again :'(. How can i stop feeling like this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talkand...Talk)
    Yesterdya i fount out that my grandmar died, shes been sick for a while now (unresponsive, not talking, not eating ect ect) we all knew it was time for her to board the flight to heaven but it seems so unreal now!!! I feel like i could have talked to her more or spent more time with her. I feel so bad knowing that i will never see her again :'(. How can i stop feeling like this?
    A few weeks ago my grandmother and grandfather both died within the same week; similar to yours, they had a few health issues.

The bad thing is that I barely remember them. At their funeral people kept telling me how that my grandparents often talked about me and how proud they were, and that made me feel terrible seeing as I was never there.

You just gotta hustle on little don.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davalla)
    A few weeks ago my grandmother and grandfather both died within the same week; similar to yours, they had a few health issues.

The bad thing is that I barely remember them. At their funeral people kept telling me how that my grandparents often talked about me and how proud they were, and that made me feel terrible seeing as I was never there.

but i took her for granted and i feel so sad. I dont think i can hustle on like u, not brave enough. But im thankful to be able of spend 12 yrs with her, every saturday. AND im very sorry fro your loss, i ddint think losing someone would be this painfull (my grandad died 4 yrs ago but i cant quite remmeber how i felt)

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to hear that,
    I hope your alright,
    Anyway, it's not your fault, unfortunately her time came, and that could not have been stopped or delayed, but she's in a better place, and you will meet again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
    I'm sorry to hear that,
    I hope your alright,
    Anyway, it's not your fault, unfortunately her time came, and that could not have been stopped or delayed, but she's in a better place, and you will meet again.
    but that will be sooo long. And i already miss her too much. But thank you fro you condolences, aprecaited alot
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I m sorry for your loss. Dealing with grief takes time,it's okay to feel like this for a while (for some people it can take months/years to gain a sense of normalcy again, it's not something to be rush and you should let yourself feel it and not try bottling it up). I think the first close death is always the hardest for someone to deal with, for me it was an experience that changed me in many ways but its okay to change because of it, if its in a healthy way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    I m sorry for your loss. Dealing with grief takes time,it's okay to feel like this for a while (for some people it can take months/years to gain a sense of normalcy again, it's not something to be rush and you should let yourself feel it and not try bottling it up). I think the first close death is always the hardest for someone to deal with, for me it was an experience that changed me in many ways but its okay to change because of it, if its in a healthy way.
    Yes i think it will take me a while, but i know everyone has to go through this and earlier sometimes the better, because then u get more adapted to it. THANK you so much
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Yes i think it will take me a while, but i know everyone has to go through this and earlier sometimes the better, because then u get more adapted to it. THANK you so much
    Indeed its something everyone does go through at some point and you make a good point,i experienced death pretty young so now i know how to grief healthily. Glad to help

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever seen ghosts or spirits? I have. Have you ever seen something so strange...floating above the bathroom door? I have.

Now do you believe in angels or demons? I do.

So I believe your grandma still exists. She's somewhere in another dimension. :-)

Name:  1467572754850.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  76.0 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Indeed it is normal that you mourn your grandmother as she passed away and death is certain and awaits all of us. Actually, when it comes to 'never seeing her again' this is a matter of faith as much as it is for science, as our very reality and experience is the subject of great dispute. Ultimately, we don't know. What is certain is that we will all indeed die, but what happens then is really intangible and possibly exceeds are cognitive capacity. Consider this video:

Remember your grandma well and I would not try and fight the sadness. In a way it's beautiful sadness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InvestmentBankin)
    Indeed it is normal that you mourn your grandmother as she passed away and death is certain and awaits all of us. Actually, when it comes to 'never seeing her again' this is a matter of faith as much as it is for science, as our very reality and experience is the subject of great dispute. Ultimately, we don't know. What is certain is that we will all indeed die, but what happens then is really intangible and possibly exceeds are cognitive capacity. Consider this video:

Remember your grandma well and I would not try and fight the sadness. In a way it's beautiful sadness.
    Thank you very much, ive learnt alot fom that vid. Im going to have faith. I WILL see her again but just in a very long time. Thats the thing that makes me feel like crying. I understand its beautiful, but i just want it to go. I want to move on but saying that i feel guitly becasue i dont wanna move on i want to HAVE her! Im so sad and ocnfused :'(. But thxs for advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davalla)

That's awful

My grandparents raised me & my brother, so we we're like their children. They passed away 10 years ago but still hurts. We we're all very close. Every weekend went to stay there. All holidays etc talking every day on phone. Miss them everyday.

Hate hearing stories like OP and then people say 'Oh I regret it' and **** like that. Too ****ing late isn't it. Live with the ****ing regret.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMEGGGY)
    That's awful

My grandparents raised me & my brother, so we we're like their children. They passed away 10 years ago but still hurts. We we're all very close. Every weekend went to stay there. All holidays etc talking every day on phone. Miss them everyday.

Hate hearing stories like OP and then people say 'Oh I regret it' and **** like that. Too ****ing late isn't it. Live with the ****ing regret.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What kind of terrible advice is that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    What kind of terrible advice is that?
    Terrible yes but feel strongly about it. Why regret it later when they don't make the effort when they are alive? He does everything else, visits mates, girlfriends/boyfriends and what not. But can't spare time for your own flesh & blood especially when they are elderly?! Pffft. No sympathy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by SMEGGGY)
    That's awful

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's a case of people not realizing what they have until they lose it, i generally live my life in the knowledge that anytime i see my loved ones could be the last time but that comes from not saying goodbye to my dad before leaving for school that day.
    But most people don't see time in that way (i've had quite strange looks when i tell people what i want as a funeral and in resuscitation situations for example), so although i get what you are saying everyone has regrets to live with, its not particular helpful to say to someone whose lost somebody what they should have done when they were alive really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    It's a case of people not realizing what they have until they lose it, i generally live my life in the knowledge that anytime i see my loved ones could be the last time but that comes from not saying goodbye to my dad before leaving for school that day.
    But most people don't see time in that way (i've had quite strange looks when i tell people what i want as a funeral and in resuscitation situations for example), so although i get what you are saying everyone has regrets to live with, its not particular helpful to say to someone whose lost somebody what they should have done when they were alive really.
    I'm just blunt, in real life and on forums. The truth hurts but it's better to be honest than dress it all up. Then perhaps the person can avoid it with other people they don't interact with.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Welcome Squad
    I'm really sorry to hear this - my grandad passed away recently so that's raw too.

I've created a Bereavement Help and Support thread (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3562145), so check that out if you're in need of any help. Don't expect to stop feeling like it, allow yourself time to grieve properly to help in the long run :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BurstingBubbles)
    I'm really sorry to hear this - my grandad passed away recently so that's raw too.

I've created a Bereavement Help and Support thread (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3562145), so check that out if you're in need of any help. Don't expect to stop feeling like it, allow yourself time to grieve properly to help in the long run :hugs:
    Aww thx u so much. I feel a bit better bcz of u, made my day
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Welcome Squad
    Aww thx u so much. I feel a bit better bcz of u, made my day
    Really glad to hear that!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 4, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.