Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys does anyone how to work at US with uk degree?
    right now i finished the a-levels waiting for results thinking about my options. The pharmacy looks really saturated at the moment in UK but salaries look almost unreal for US on internet is there a particular reason for this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aydin124)
    Hi guys does anyone how to work at US with uk degree?
    right now i finished the a-levels waiting for results thinking about my options. The pharmacy looks really saturated at the moment in UK but salaries look almost unreal for US on internet is there a particular reason for this?
    Pharmacy in the UK is a masters, MPharm.

In the US its PharmD which is a doctorate - so believe it is harder
    But as a result Pharmacists in the US are seen with the same regard and respect as actual Doctors.
    Plus healthcare in the US is all privatised isn't it?
    So they can charge lot more for services, which in turn boosts their salary.

Im in my 3rd year studying pharmacy, and before Trump crawled out from under his rock, I often thought about moving to the US after - due to their amazing prospects for pharmacy.

But I am unsure how the UK degree translates over e.g. what extra training/studying would be required etc.

P.S. Canada>USA ------ and just as good for pharmacy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pav94an)
    Pharmacy in the UK is a masters, MPharm.

In the US its PharmD which is a doctorate - so believe it is harder
    But as a result Pharmacists in the US are seen with the same regard and respect as actual Doctors.
    Plus healthcare in the US is all privatised isn't it?
    So they can charge lot more for services, which in turn boosts their salary.

Im in my 3rd year studying pharmacy, and before Trump crawled out from under his rock, I often thought about moving to the US after - due to their amazing prospects for pharmacy.

But I am unsure how the UK degree translates over e.g. what extra training/studying would be required etc.

P.S. Canada>USA ------ and just as good for pharmacy.
    do you have to get doctorate in order to work in canada as well? or could you work with the UK Degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aydin124)
    do you have to get doctorate in order to work in canada as well? or could you work with the UK Degree.
    I think its a doctorate aswell. But Im not too sure.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.