Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am obsessed with august 19th (results day). I can’t stop thinking about it, can’t sleep, eat, can’t enjoy myself whilst on holiday, and feel so apathetic about everything. I’m biting my nails now as well! I keep having dreams where I’ve failed. If it wasn’t for the immense pressure/expectation from my parents, and the sponsorship deal I would be fine. How are you all coping, and how can I stop worrying? Love Pinkfairy xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkfairy)
    I am obsessed with august 19th (results day). I can’t stop thinking about it, can’t sleep, eat, can’t enjoy myself whilst on holiday, and feel so apathetic about everything. I’m biting my nails now as well! I keep having dreams where I’ve failed. If it wasn’t for the immense pressure/expectation from my parents, and the sponsorship deal I would be fine. How are you all coping, and how can I stop worrying? Love Pinkfairy xxx
    I'm sealing it up in a little cardboard box and storing this right at the back of my mind. I'm not going to think about it this whole holiday. I will only open the little cardboard box of worries the night before results day. That's the way I cope with most worries- I just don't think about them until I have to.

ReputationRep:
    tell me about it. The worst thing is theres absolutely nothing you can do about it.
    I've found that being pro-active and doing things helps. I'm trying to get a job and also getting books out from the library on your subject for next year (if you're going to uni that is ) can help. Shopping is also good Cinema...going bowling...going to the pub...

I'm nowhere near as bad as you though - I hope you feel better soon! I write all my thoughts down in a journal and it gets them out of my head - maybe that might work?

cheer up chick!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    I'm sealing it up in a little cardboard box and storing this right at the back of my mind. I'm not going to think about it this whole holiday. I will only open the little cardboard box of worries the night before results day. That's the way I cope with most worries- I just don't think about them until I have to.
    I can forget about it for a while but my parents keep reminding me (they've never been like this before) and then I remember and then become sick with worry thinking about it. I just wish I had parents who didn't have such high expectations of me, and wouldn't overly mind if I didn't do as well as they thought.

ReputationRep:
    I can forget about it for a while but my parents keep reminding me (they've never been like this before) and then I remember and then become sick with worry thinking about it. I just wish I had parents who didn't have such high expectations of me, and wouldn't overly mind if I didn't do as well as they thought.
    Tell them to shut the hell up about it then lol. I did.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone worries about their exam results, and you'll never be able to forget about it completely. Just try and block out what your parents are saying, or tell them that you're already worried about your results enough, and that they're just stressing you out. Try and find other activites to distract your attention. I'm only waiting for my AS results, but I've organised some work experience, I'm going on holiday, I'm learning to drive etc etc, just so I don't sit about moping all holidays. Remember worrying about what you're going to get isn't going to change how you've done. Life's too short, relax and enjoy yourself, and chances are you've done brilliantly in your exams!

ReputationRep:
    I'm worried because of the fact I'm not panicking at all! :eek: It's not like I think I did well in my exams - not one exam went smoothly!! I need to get AAA too...ah well I just keep telling myself "it won't be the end of the world if I didn't get the grades..."
    I have got immense pressure too - my parents expect me to do just as well as my sister did last yr ....(damn her!)

ReputationRep:
    I'm terribly worried too. I got a Dux award a few days ago and was put in the papers...... and now there are SO MANY people expecting me to have mindblowing results. It's just not funny. I feel awful about it.. but I guess the only thing that's keeping me sane is the fact that I will be off to the UK for Uni, although I'll have to bear 1 month of shame if I don't get 6As.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    I'm terribly worried too. I got a Dux award a few days ago and was put in the papers...... and now there are SO MANY people expecting me to have mindblowing results. It's just not funny. I feel awful about it.. but I guess the only thing that's keeping me sane is the fact that I will be off to the UK for Uni, although I'll have to bear 1 month of shame if I don't get 6As.
    What's a Dux award?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by who_me)
    What's a Dux award?
    valedictorian....

ReputationRep:
    ah right! doh! well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    I hate that when it happens.
    like if you dont do outstandingly well then people all give you dirty looks but if you did well they all say it was expected

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.