Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

I've recently started a new job and commute to work with 2 colleagues on the train. One girl is genuinely nice, whilst the other comes across as nice (most of the time) but *****es about me behind my back. I have walked in on her talking about me to colleagues twice in one week and the other colleague told me that she had also *****ed to her about me. I don't have time for this sort of two-faced behaviour and I'd rather just commute on my own, as I find it tiring commuting with them anyway (it's 2 hours everyday). I've been nothing but nice to her, apart from maybe I come across a little awkward sometimes, as I struggle with my confidence. But I am always chatty and friendly to her however awkward I feel inside. Is it rude if I say that I'd rather commute on my own from now on as I know what she's been saying about me (in a civil manner... I'm not about to start an argument or anything) or should I just carry on commuting with her?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I don't think it's rude at all! If you don't feel comfortable commuting with someone like that, then it's not rude at all to decide to travel alone. I know I'd just start going alone.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.