The Student Room Group

Is there any way to...

Get out of an unconditional offer if you have confirmed it as a first place? I know it's very unlikely but I performed a lot better than I thought and there is a lot of problems that have arose with my current course as lots of lecturers and the head have left.
Original post by alexp98
Get out of an unconditional offer if you have confirmed it as a first place? I know it's very unlikely but I performed a lot better than I thought and there is a lot of problems that have arose with my current course as lots of lecturers and the head have left.

Unless you ask to be put into clearing then no. As you have an unconditional offer you aren't eligible for adjustment I m afraid.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Unless you ask to be put into clearing then no. As you have an unconditional offer you aren't eligible for adjustment I m afraid.

Would it not even be possible to wait out a year and apply again??
Original post by alexp98

yes that you can easily do:smile:
Original post by alexp98

That would be possible I think, you can back out of any offer
Reply 5

Thank you very much for the help :smile:
Reply 6

Oh and also if I was to apply again in 2017 how would that work as wouldnt all the unis be using the new ucas tarrif by then? I think this would be perfect for me as I could do a fast track a level too in the mean time which would enable me to apply where I really wanted which was Birmingham of Aston. I'm just confused as they might change their requirements drastically with the new system.
Thanks again
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by alexp98
Oh and also if I was to apply again in 2017 how would that work as would y all the unis be using the new ucas tarrif by then? I think this would be perfect for me as I could do a fast track a level too in the mean time which would enable me to apply where I really wanted which was Birmingham of Aston. I'm just confused as they might change their requirements drastically with the new system.
Thanks again

Yes they should be using the new one, I doubt you ll get a drastic change but they should have the 2017 entry requirements on their websites soon if not already.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending