The Student Room Group

CSR/1320/16 - Higher Officer Caseworkers (Tax Professional and Operational Delivery)

Scroll to see replies

So, I got a job offer today, I'm part of the 1320/16 campaign. I should be starting in 6-8 weeks.
Original post by SunBro92
So, I got a job offer today, I'm part of the 1320/16 campaign. I should be starting in 6-8 weeks.

Wow! Excellent news! Well done! Where are you for and did they say what department?

Has your application status already changed to formal offer ?
Reply 323
which location
Original post by DeltaGuy
Wow! Excellent news! Well done! Where are you for and did they say what department?

No exact start date? Was it a 'formal offer' from CSR or a call from a local office to ask if you would be prepared to take a specific post?

Well done anyway! I haven't had my checks completed yet so it will be a while before I hear anything!
(edited 7 years ago)

Yay! Finally, somebody. Is this the first you've heard back since the provisional offer was made?
Original post by memoryfish

I doubt it. I know someone else who has been contacted and 'offered' a post - but it's a gauge of interest to try and fill spaces at this stage, nothing formal.
Original post by HammerThyme
I doubt it. I know someone else who has been contacted and 'offered' a post - but it's a gauge of interest to try and fill spaces at this stage, nothing formal.

Yeah that's what I thought, but everyone on here has had a call... I'm stilling awaiting mine :s-smilie:
I think sunbro was Belfast
Yeah that's what I thought, but everyone on here has had a call... I'm stilling awaiting mine :s-smilie:

I think I missed my call but if they need to check anything they will call back. I wouldn't get too worried about it, they have only been calling about notice periods - which would need clarification on based on what you filled out on your application. If you are internal maybe they don't need to check your notice as it will just be a hand off from your current dept.
(edited 7 years ago)
I think I missed my call but if they need to check anything they will call back. I wouldn't get too worried about it, they have only been calling about notice periods - which would need clarification on based on what you filled out on your application. If you are internal maybe they don't need to check your notice as it will just be a hand off from your current dept.

Yeh I guess your right, my portal does say employment checks passed etc. My current department (DWP) will only release me with 4 weeks notice lol. They were quick to poach me from Hmrc with a 2-3 week notice at the most but don't want to return the favour.

Congrat Sunbro. At least things are moving this week. well, i got a call from them today to bring my documents to Euston, London tomorrow so as to complete my checks...thats hope for London waiters
Original post by DeltaGuy

Moira House in Lisburn. It's an HO post in risk and intelligence. Got a phone call from a woman named Fiona and she offered me the job, gave me an hour to make a decision. Should be starting in 6-8 weeks.

I just checked and it hasn't changed yet. I know a few internal people who also received the same job offer today. So, I'm assuming it's a formal offer.
Original post by budlam
which location

Moira House in Lisburn

From my understanding the offer was a formal one. I was offered the post and upon accepting it I was told that I'd be starting in 6-8 weeks. Also, I've been told I'll receive a contract or something in the post soon.
From my understanding the offer was a formal one. I was offered the post and upon accepting it I was told that I'd be starting in 6-8 weeks. Also, I've been told I'll receive a contract or something in the post soon.

They do usually work like that, offer by phone then change your status on your portal. But a contract through the post is a new one to me, you usually sign it on the day or after you start...

My point was that it's not formal until it is - ie. you have the formal offer in your hand/on the portal.

I know someone in the exact same position as you and someone who was called but hadn't their security checks completed - that's why I figured it couldn't be formal.

Do you know if Fiona was based at Moira House or Customs House? And did she say that you would need the higher security clearance for that team? Cheers!
My point was that it's not formal until it is - ie. you have the formal offer in your hand/on the portal.

I know someone in the exact same position as you and someone who was called but hadn't their security checks completed - that's why I figured it couldn't be formal.

Do you know if Fiona was based at Moira House or Customs House? And did she say that you would need the higher security clearance for that team? Cheers!

No idea where Fiona is based. Also, there was no mention of requiring higher security clearance. All I know is that I've passed the original background checks and that something should be coming in the post. I know a few internal applicants who received the same phone call today, i'm taking it as a good sign. You've got to stay optimistic...
They do usually work like that, offer by phone then change your status on your portal. But a contract through the post is a new one to me, you usually sign it on the day or after you start...

Apologies, I meant to say receive a letter detailing my start date.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending