The Student Room Group

CSR/1320/16 - Higher Officer Caseworkers (Tax Professional and Operational Delivery)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540
Original post by Percypig79
I scored 6,6,6..... it was csr that told me but confirmed that it was the vacancy holder that had given them the authority to release the details to me...

That's great, thank you for the info. Congrats and fingers crossed!!
Reply 541
Original post by Jamz115
It doesn't really do that because there have been conflicting reports from some people that applicants are plucked at random in batches which discredits that argument. Someone for Liverpool got all 6s but someone with 4s started before her.
Equally in November, people started at O grade in Lisburn with HO people ( by nature a higher post therefore higher scores) still waiting. So I don't really give any credence to the suggestion people are still starting on merit order at this stage. When you're on the merit list, yes but not at this stage.

If there was a merit list for this scheme (1320) I would like to think they would make appointments from it in order Jamz. I can accept certain deviations due to critical business need. This next intake should be the acid test.
Hmrc confirmed to me when I asked them that formal offers are given out on merit order with one exception, basically that someone with scores of 444 with their checks complete will get an offer ahead of a 777 who's checks aren't complete.

They would only do this however if they were confident they had enough jobs for everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by SMK2016
Hmrc confirmed to me when I asked them that formal offers are given out on merit order with one exception, basically that someone with scores of 444 with their checks complete will get an offer ahead of a 777 who's checks aren't complete.

They would only do this however if they were confident they had enough jobs for everyone

Sums this process up ... CSR confirmed to me that formal offers are not being issued on merit, only provisional offers would be! 😕
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by HammerThyme
Sums this process up ... CSR confirmed to me that formal offers are not being issued on merit, only provisional offers would be! 😕

What I was also told!

Basically a free for all. A setup open to abuse with people getting on to those " in the know " to bump their name into batches for deployment. Is it any wonder there's deep suspicion about the process
Original post by Jamz115
Basically a free for all. A setup open to abuse with people getting on to those " in the know " to bump their name into batches for deployment. Is it any wonder there's deep suspicion about the process

As promised..formal offer this morning so check your portal to see..
Reply 547
Not for me sadly
Reply 548
Original post by Percypig79
As promised..formal offer this morning so check your portal to see..

Congratulations. How do you check your portal or are you internal staff? 😊
Original post by Riz101
Congratulations. How do you check your portal or are you internal staff? 😊

Just log on to your gov.uk account and it should say formal offer if it has been updated...
Reply 550
Formal offer on my portal too (Belfast)

Concerned that it makes no mention of location details or confirm working pattern. Just wants a yes or no on acceptance. Is this the same as others today??
Reply 551
lol scrap that just got the email confirming all the relevant details!!!
Original post by ID07

Congrats! Do you know your team and office building then?

What was your score? It looks like it might be going in merit order!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ID07

Lol. I had the formal offer just saying yes or no. No further email though! What's it say? Start date and business location?
Congrats! Do you know your team and office building then?

What was your score? It looks like it might be going in merit order!

For everyone else ... that's this season's Formal Offers done and dusted. Check back in the summer for the next seasons round of Formal Offers!
Scrap that. Just got mine.

27/3

Customer compliance.- doesn't say a business stream.

Just operational delivery officer caseworker
Original post by rebecca_:)
Scrap that. Just got mine.

27/3

Customer compliance.- doesn't say a business stream.

Just operational delivery officer caseworker

Call centre .. but least you have an offer!
You are pushing your luck Jamz. You are a Class A scumbag. Are you going to make yourself known to people when you get your job or are happy hiding behind your keyboard?

Original post by Jamz115

You're just a little ray of sunshine where-ever you may be!
Original post by Jamz115

Ha! You muppet. It's not call centre. I'm in the call centre now and that's under the Customer service.

Customer compliance is the new business sector for enforcement and compliance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending