Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My girlfriend and i haven't been on a date!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a relationship with this girl for about 4 months and we really like each other, however, we haven't been on a date yet. I've tried to bring it up to meet her and she talks about how her parents would never let her out and then changes the subject. I would really like to at least talk face to face; we haven't even had a call, EVER. I feel as if I'm going nowhere and that she doesn't plan on seeing me anytime soon but instead just texting. I don't see it as clingy, any boyfriend would at least want to be near their girlfriend, right?
    What should i do?
    P.S. she's not a catfish if that's what you're thinking, we've seen each other a couple times around town but not actually met up.

She might be catfishing you.

ReputationRep:
    CATFISH

ReputationRep:
    Ask her out, and if she says no dump her. No sense wasting more time.

ReputationRep:
    How on earth can people say they are in a relationship without having seen or talked to each other...
    And in this case, it's probably a catfish - move on OP
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...hTheTVShow.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Tbh if the girl is brown then it's highly possible she's telling the truth. Get her to skype you or snapchat you OP. If not then catfish

ReputationRep:
    Marry her online.

ReputationRep:
    OP can pull a girl without meeting her, yet im just here cant even get a textback lel

ReputationRep:
    a girlfriend and you never met her? beta male

ReputationRep:
    She's not your girlfriend. Grow up.

ReputationRep:
    Yay runescape girlfriend!

ReputationRep:
    She's probably telling you the truth. Some parents are real strict for obvious reasons BUT if you've brought it up to her and she doesn't seem interested or dodges it casually its most likely she's playing you or CATFISH *** always wanted to say that :3

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezoar)
    Tbh if the girl is brown then it's highly possible she's telling the truth. Get her to skype you or snapchat you OP. If not then catfish
    we'll we do snapchat from time to time
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    As above, I don't understand how you're boyfriend and girlfriend if you've never met and you've never been on a date.

ReputationRep:
    Alhumdulillah that is very good brother, you won't be entering jahanam very soon! Ma Sha Alah. you say you like this girl then go to her parents and ask for her hand in marriage that will prove the love you have for her. do not ever bring it up again shame on you brother trying to make her meet up behind her parents back astagfarullah
    (Original post by TJ149)
    I'm in a relationship with this girl for about 4 months and we really like each other, however, we haven't been on a date yet. I've tried to bring it up to meet her and she talks about how her parents would never let her out and then changes the subject. I would really like to at least talk face to face; we haven't even had a call, EVER. I feel as if I'm going nowhere and that she doesn't plan on seeing me anytime soon but instead just texting. I don't see it as clingy, any boyfriend would at least want to be near their girlfriend, right?

What should i do?
    P.S. she's not a catfish if that's what you're thinking, we've seen each other a couple times around town but not actually met up.

ReputationRep:
    that is just rude.
    (Original post by RobML)
    She's not your girlfriend. Grow up.

ReputationRep:
    Shes a goldfish not a catfish! Get it? Gold fish are buff
    (Original post by lulucoco98)
    catfish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TJ149)
    we haven't even had a call, EVER
    Mate, have a word with yourself, you're not in a relationship, you're in a virtual fantasy (and a crappy one at that)

What should i do?
    Issue an ultimatum and be ready to move on if she doesn't play ball

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 4, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.