Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I was chatting with the girl, we were both laughing a lot and I was getting some good vibes from her. Anyway, this guy who's her friend comes up to us as we're laughing and puts his arm around her.

She kind of pulled away and gave me a feeble smile.

He's done this a couple times now and always interrupts us.

It's really annoying...

ReputationRep:
    what do you mean... :cookie:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I was chatting with the girl, we were both laughing a lot and I was getting some good vibes from her. Anyway, this guy who's her friend comes up to us as we're laughing and puts his arm around her.

She kind of pulled away and gave me a feeble smile.

He's done this a couple times now and always interrupts us.

It's really annoying...
    You sure it isn't her boyfriend? 😂 If he's being a douche then tell him straight up because he might have feelings for her. If he does then you going to have to assert yourself as alpha male bro

ReputationRep:
    Why would he put his arm around her if they werent close in that way??

You need to step up your game as well seeing as he's already moving to her

He seems annoying, maybe you can question her on this in a concerned way just to see what the situation is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Banana208)

Agreed. OP needs to step it up and clear the way.

(Original post by Zygomaticus)
    You sure it isn't her boyfriend? 😂 If he's being a douche then tell him straight up because he might have feelings for her. If he does then you going to have to assert yourself as alpha male bro
    More than positive he's just a friend.

She seems to enjoy my company more and laughs a lot too. I've made it clear that I'm sexually into her.

He's a major cockblocker...

(Original post by Banana208)

I don't know, you tell me?

She looked really awkward though...

ReputationRep:

She seems to enjoy my company more and laughs a lot too. I've made it clear that I'm sexually into her.

Wth? Not cool man, I'd tell him straight up and just to make sure he's not a snake then I'd tell her I like her before he buts in. If you genuinely like her then try getting to the stage where you guys can chat without him being present? Smh with cockblockers :/

If it happens again, send a tactical text to a mate who'll come and pour his drink over the snakes head or just make it really awkward by going: 'Can you not tell by her face that she finds it awkward and clearly doesn't want your arm around her'.

If this guy still doesn't go away then I don't know man? Call Tyrion Lannister? He'll give him bilateral blows to his carotids and knock him out...

ReputationRep:

Well then get moving??! Just be confident and ask her out. Whats the worst that could happen? She's clearly not interested in the other dude

Good luck m9

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 4, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.