Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it even possible to get into uni with only 2 A levels???
    I reckon I'll have a C and an A, would some places consider me through clearing maybe??
    Please Help

ReputationRep:
    how about trying for a foundation degree, or an extra foundation year to give you a grounding in whatever subject it is you want to apply for. Universities expect lower grades for this, clearing at some universities may have you especially if they are those looking based on points opposed to grades. You have more chance of getting a lower request, and foundation degrees if you're going for BA subjects rather than BSC subjects, as the latter tend to require high level A levels in specific subjects, but you can still find opportunities in those subjects. Any how, good luck with finding a place!
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Manchester can accept 2 AS Levels in place of a third A-Level, but I think you'll still need reasonably high grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Yes some will accept it.
    Foundation degree was a smart idea bit the more cost efective one is to do another A level and get into a better uni.
    Take a gap year.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

This year I applied to uni with DDU at AS level (predicted CC at A2 as u dropped the U) I got 4/5 offers for you for first year entry courses (not foundation). I had mitigating circumstances over the 2 years though but it's still accepted by a lot of unis.. don't worry you'll find somewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You can take up an a level in uni I think, I think that might be a good option.

ReputationRep:
    I would strongly counsel against equating 'can' with 'ought'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alanna_96)
    I reckon I'll have a C and an A, would some places consider me through clearing maybe??
    Please Help
    That's not a lot of UCAS points, so depending on your subject choice, you probably won't get into a good uni.
    You could try doing a foundation diploma, which is one year, and equivalent to 3 a-levels. Also, remember that the AS-levels you've done count as well.
    If you do fail to get anywhere, or have your mind set on a specific place, why not try looking at the Open University. That's open to everyone, regardless of peoples previous grades, and may get you on your way to somewhere you really love.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Please Help
    It will depend on the course (and possibly the A-levels)

e.g. Which Uni search for CompSci with AC at A-level

http://university.which.co.uk/search...t%5D=relevance
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Please Help
    Are you waiting for your A level results or your AS results?

If A level do you have AS/EPQ/BTECs as well as the A levels or have you just taken 2 A levels an no other qualifications?

If only the 2 A levels an no others - WHY did you only take 2?

Would taking an extra year to study another A level or a BTEC be an option?

What sort of universities are you interested in? Would you be interested in studying in Scotland where degrees take an extra year or going onto a Foundation Degree (2 year course) or HND or taking a degree with an additional foundation year?

What subject do you want to study and which subject are your A levels in?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Do the other A level. It would be a bad choice to insist on going to Uni based on having only 2.

ReputationRep:
    What are your A-levels in?

ReputationRep:
    It's an old thread, but might be useful to someone. Check unistats, you can see from "entry information" what ucas tariffs the entrants actually got. A and C is 80 points, Teesside Computer Science 5% of entrants got 80-96 points. 90% actually got even less.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.