Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Constant regret of the past - help and advice appreciated Watch

Its been 4/5 years since I was at my lowest and due this this I made some very foolish mistakes (I don't need to explain what they are) and whenever I'm in bed or alone they always creep up in my mind. I hate this I really do.

I know what I done was wrong, and I know my reasons behind my choices make sense - I would seek approval, company and bonds people who I never knew irl is all I will say.

I learnt my lessons from what I did and I changed as a person - no more foolish behaviours or mistakes. I have made my life both in real life and on social medias as private as I can, I no longer need to seek such approval, company and bonds with people online. I am now happily settled with somebody, have blessings of friends and a family which encourage me every day to aim as far as I can for the future. And I know this is great, infact I do feel so blessed with them.

But, I just cannot let go of my past. And although many years have passed, 4/5 years infact and my past hasn't yet come back to haunt me or caught up with me, I just worry so much.

I just want some advice on how to move on, and actually how to do the moving on. I want some advice on how to forgive myself also.

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Its been 4/5 years since I was at my lowest and due this this I made some very foolish mistakes (I don't need to explain what they are) and whenever I'm in bed or alone they always creep up in my mind. I hate this I really do.

I know what I done was wrong, and I know my reasons behind my choices make sense - I would seek approval, company and bonds people who I never knew irl is all I will say.

I learnt my lessons from what I did and I changed as a person - no more foolish behaviours or mistakes. I have made my life both in real life and on social medias as private as I can, I no longer need to seek such approval, company and bonds with people online. I am now happily settled with somebody, have blessings of friends and a family which encourage me every day to aim as far as I can for the future. And I know this is great, infact I do feel so blessed with them.

But, I just cannot let go of my past. And although many years have passed, 4/5 years infact and my past hasn't yet come back to haunt me or caught up with me, I just worry so much.

I just want some advice on how to move on, and actually how to do the moving on. I want some advice on how to forgive myself also.

Thank you.
    Did you do cam sex or what? There's no point holding back, you are posting anonymously on an internet forum,nobody knows who you are...

(Original post by lolakirk)
    Did you do cam sex or what? There's no point holding back, you are posting anonymously on an internet forum,nobody knows who you are...
    No. I shared intimate stuff with people though, mostly messages and snaps.

Anybody?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.