Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone used Currys PC world home delivery services? Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    hi

wasn't sure where to post this, I'm after a new camera except the one from my local store is out of stock - the nearest one from that is too far away (near Manchester), apparently they do home delivery services for products - I've looked and standard delivery is free.
    has anyone used this service is it good? I've looked at some reviews on another site and the reviews posted said the service was rubbish - these were people who wanted kitchens etc, not cameras... i'm wondering has anyone used their service before?

thanks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Used it, never had an issue. It's really no better worse than other delivery services.

If you're super paranoid about it then get it delivered to your local store and pick it up yourself instead of getting it delivered to your home. I find it more convenient since I'm not waiting around all day for packages to arrive.

In general I think the poor reviews refer to KnowHow deliveries for things like kitchens as you suggested. That's a completely different kettle of fish and not at all related to the service you'd get ordering a camera.

Side note: Have you looked at Amazon, eBay, etc? I've never found anything in Currys that I couldn't find cheaper online
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    Used it, never had an issue. It's really no better worse than other delivery services.

If you're super paranoid about it then get it delivered to your local store and pick it up yourself instead of getting it delivered to your home. I find it more convenient since I'm not waiting around all day for packages to arrive.

In general I think the poor reviews refer to KnowHow deliveries for things like kitchens as you suggested. That's a completely different kettle of fish and not at all related to the service you'd get ordering a camera.

Side note: Have you looked at Amazon, eBay, etc? I've never found anything in Currys that I couldn't find cheaper online
    thank you!
    I've decided I'm going to buy it off Amazon since the store near me is out of stock and I've noticed on the product I want doesn't do home delivery.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bizzy_penguin)
    thank you!
    I've decided I'm going to buy it off Amazon since the store near me is out of stock and I've noticed on the product I want doesn't do home delivery.
    That's fair enough. Even if they don't offer home delivery they should still offer a delivery to store option. But on the whole I just find Amazon to be a much better experience anyway.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.