What medications must be avoided during pregnancy?

Watch
naomiwatts
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello guys i am 7 month pregnant . what are the medications we have to avoid . I have concerned a doctor but did not get good information . Is there any website or
link.
Beska
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by naomiwatts)
Hello guys i am 7 month pregnant . what are the medications we have to avoid . I have concerned a doctor but did not get good information . Is there any website or
link.
I have moved this question into the Health forum.
MrsSheldonCooper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I swear you made a thread on how to care for a newborn you had? How on earth are you 7 months pregnant?

Troll.
Airmed
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you really are 7 months pregnant and still don't know what medication to avoid, I'm worried.

Otherwise, taking from your other thread, I doubt this is in any way a serious thread.

(PS NHS website :yep:).
Helenia
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There are lots of medications which should not be taken in pregnancy, or only after discussion with a doctor. This really should have been discussed with your GP or midwife at booking if there's anything you're using at the moment. What is it that you're particularly concerned about?
MrsSheldonCooper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
chemting
chemting
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
chemting
Maybe she got double pregnant!

There is a mutant gene that let's you have two vaginas, two ovaries and two wombs :awesome:
MrsSheldonCooper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by chemting)
Maybe she got double pregnant!

There is a mutant gene that let's you have two vaginas, two ovaries and two wombs :awesome:
I want one!
DiaNeWorld
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Most antiepileptic medications should be avoided during pregnancy, also many, but not all antidepressants.
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Surely, this is something that would / should come up with your GP? I, for example, take an antiepileptic. It says on the box / leaflet not to take in pregnancy. I've also had that discussion with my consultant.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (87)
39.01%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (25)
11.21%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (15)
6.73%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (53)
23.77%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (27)
12.11%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
7.17%

Watched Threads