What A-Levels to pick to suit both careers?!

Watch this thread
jadeacqe
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I want to do Accountancy and Hotel Management in the future but I don't know what A-Levels to pick to suit both of them?

I was going to pick Maths, Economics and Business. Would that be okay for it?
rayquaza17
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jadeacqe)
I want to do Accountancy and Hotel Management in the future but I don't know what A-Levels to pick to suit both of them?

They look like they would suit both, but typically people sit four AS levels and then continue on with 3 at A2.
niv1234
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by rayquaza17)
They look like they would suit both, but typically people sit four AS levels and then continue on with 3 at A2.
It's changing this year. Most people at my school are only allowed to do 3 and there is no AS.
rayquaza17
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by niv1234)
It's changing this year. Most people at my school are only allowed to do 3 and there is no AS.
Oh really, I thought people were still doing 4!

In that case, what jadeacqe has chosen looks fine.
niv1234
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by rayquaza17)
Oh really, I thought people were still doing 4!

In that case, what jadeacqe has chosen looks fine.
I think starting last year they've started to make A Levels linear so you sit the exam at the end of year 13 and you don't do AS. The AS exams don't count towards the A Level anymore.

Its so annoying that we only get to do 3 subjects now.
jadeacqe
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thank you for the help!
username2748463
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Theres a subject called travel and tourism in CIE. Not sure it other boards have it though
, if possible take it aswell
Peppercrunch
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by jadeacqe)

I would recommend not taking Economics and Business together. They overlap a lot and your subject range is very narrow.

Read this:
http://university.which.co.uk/advice...ons-too-narrow
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (24)
18.75%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (14)
10.94%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (9)
7.03%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
17.19%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (33)
25.78%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
20.31%

Watched Threads