Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How many rest days do have? I've personally been doing a 4 day split (mon, wed, fri, sat) but contemplating a 5 day split.

Any input is appreciated

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I do 1 rest day, 3 'rest' days where i do nothing but bodyweights, 3 workout days. so it goes;
    upper body > body weight > upper body > body weight > legs > rest > body weight and cycle that every week.

Do whatever you feel works for you. I know people who do a 6 workout days and 1 rest who get amazing progress, and people who do 3 days workout 4 days rest who get amazing progress.

ReputationRep:
    at the moment I work out 4 days a week, in the winter it tends to be 3 days and when I finish work for the summer it'll probably be 5-6 (depending on weather!) to be honest, adding more work outs doesn't tend to get me massively more progress as I'll tend to do a more gentle work out on the extra days but I just do what I feel like

ReputationRep:
    My routine is all over the place, but it tends to be one day on, one day off. I work everything each time I go.

ReputationRep:
    About 2 per week, usually Wednesdays and Fridays. Worth noting that I do pretty different things on all of my workout days though, so generally hit different muscle groups and alternate strength training with HIIT, running or flexibility work (yoga / pilates). My rest days tend to be "active" rest days so I'll still try to at least go for a walk or do something fun like a (short-ish) MTB ride.

ReputationRep:
    I do weight training 4-5 days
    Try to run 3-4 days

Always don't do Sunday's and if I miss a day I'll make up for it however I can
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I rest on weekends, but I only have 2-3 intense workouts per week.

ReputationRep:
    I normally train twice a day but have Saturdays off*

ReputationRep:
    Push, pull, legs & abs, rest (with light cardio), push, pull, full body & swim, rest (with light cardio)

I go running 3-4 times a week too, as well as mountain biking once and motocross once every couple of weeks.

ReputationRep:
    The last time I rested a full day was four weeks ago (I'm a runner). I usually do very easy days instead.

However if I'm coming off the back of some particularly intense training before a race I'll add the odd rest day in.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    Im doing Insanity and only have 1 rest day out of 6 exercise days. But I took a rest yesterday and I'm finding it very hard to exercise to day, I just cba!

ReputationRep:
    I appreciate all the responses! I decided to add another day in, my current routine is;

Monday - chest, bis, abs
    Tuesday - back, tris, calves
    Wednesday - shoulders
    Thursday - rest day other than abs
    Friday - chest and back
    Saturday - legs + calves
    Sunday - rest

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.