Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    A few of them seem to look down on lesser educated people.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I'm sure many clever people are, and that many less clever people are too. There's not really anything more to say than that.

ReputationRep:
    I often refer to myself as Einstein reincarnated, but I don't think arrogance is my most prominent quality.

ReputationRep:
    yep
    talk to any programmer and you will sense the arrogance

ReputationRep:
    No most clever people are attractive, funny, caring and incredibly modest just like me!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    o wait

ReputationRep:
    If anything, I tend to find genuinely intelligent people tend to be modest and aware of their limitations. It's the ones that believe themselves to be more intelligent than they are that tend to be arrogant.

ReputationRep:
    I would say that I do not look down on people who are less educated than me, However I do look down on people with significantly less common sense.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I am.

ReputationRep:
    I believe cleverness comes with this tendency to believe you are always right. Self-confidence sometimes borders on arrogance.

ReputationRep:
    Some people are arrogant, some people are not. Doesn't seem to particularly correlate with intelligence in my experience.

ReputationRep:
    I find people appear to be arrogant in equal measures regardless of intelligence or academic background. I think it is just human to think you know more than you actually know and when you mix that with stubbornness, it isn't hard to see why so many people are arrogant?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.