Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where will Leicester end up next season? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Obviously Leicester did an unbelievable job last season by winning the Premier League, but they won't do it again, will they?

With a Champions League campaign to contend with, they've made some decent signings so far to strengthen the squad. They've also held onto their stars, so far anyway.

So I put it to you, where will Leicester finish next season?

My prediction: 6th

ReputationRep:
    If Kante and Mahrez leave, it's relegation battle for them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Pretty much, because quite simply the whole team's spirit will be crushed and the PL is not the type of place where you play with your head down.

If they keep their players I see a top 6-7 finish on the cards. A big if though. I think that Mendy player could turn out to be a good Kante replacement. I just don't see how they can replace Mahrez though, he is a unique talent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James.Carnell)
    Pretty much, because quite simply the whole team's spirit will be crushed and the PL is not the type of place where you play with your head down.

If they keep their players I see a top 6-7 finish on the cards. A big if though. I think that Mendy player could turn out to be a good Kante replacement. I just don't see how they can replace Mahrez though, he is a unique talent.
    I've heard good things about him. I think he is a good replacement for Kante if he does go. They've literally just brought in Ahmed Musa from CSKA Moscow for £16.6 million apparently. He is slightly different to Mahrez, but is very quick!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    As regards to Musa being quick, I am ashamed to admit I'm basing that purely on FIFA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PugDevil)
    I've heard good things about him. I think he is a good replacement for Kante if he does go. They've literally just brought in Ahmed Musa from CSKA Moscow for £16.6 million apparently. He is slightly different to Mahrez, but is very quick!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    As regards to Musa being quick, I am ashamed to admit I'm basing that purely on FIFA
    Musa is a very good player, given the right system and team around him. He was very good the last time I saw him at the World Cup. Certainly is not just a speed merchant.

I don't know much about Mendy.

I think realistically their only irreplaceable players are Mahrez and Vardy.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I can't see them finishing above City, Chelsea, United, Arsenal or Spurs. A lot is up in the air at Liverpool - a large part of their season will come down to how they start, and how well drilled they are after a first pre-season for Klopp. To be honest, I think Leicester/Everton/West Ham will be much of a muchness and finish between 7th and 9th.

ReputationRep:
    10th
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Think they'll struggle with the demands of European football.

8th.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by sr90)
    Think they'll struggle with the demands of European football.

8th.
    This.*

ReputationRep:
    Fifth.

ReputationRep:
    6th or 7th. Depending on who they lose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    When they finally clicked at the end of last season w/o Kante and when Mahrez was unremarkable, they won 7/9 (besides Chelsea).

It's knee jerk to underrate the likes of Schmeichel, Morgan, Huth, Albrighton and Vardy

ReputationRep:
    19th

ReputationRep:
    3rd.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    One thing worth remembering: majority of PL matches they play after a CL fixture will be at home.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.