Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    You are sat at home, watching TV with your family; they consist of your mother, father, brother, sister and grandmother. This happens every Sunday, but this is no normal Sunday. Today is the day that the Undead rise!

    A virus has been spreading over the country but until now people thought it was just a virus. The TV flickers before changing into a government broadcast. It tells you that you should stay in your homes and avoid going outside only if you have to. However, you peer outside and see that everyone is packing suitcases into their cars and smoke is pillowing into the air in the distance.

    Your Grandmother is quite frail and needs constant medication to ensure her health is stable. Your brother is older than you, whilst your sister is younger. Your parents have been married for around 20 years.

    The only mode of transport that you have is a four-seater car and walking is simply not an option. That means that unfortunately, someone will have to stay behind. The plan is to head into a local town hardware and tools store as you need protection and supplies if you're going to survive this outbreak.

    -------------

    Okay, so this is a work in progress and I'm not entirely sure that it will work out as planned! But essentially this is a 'create your own story'. I will create a vague scenario and then advance it and you will have to make the hard decisions. BUT you must stick to the questions that I produce otherwise it wont work

    I will give a new scenario when enough people have posted, so keep tuned!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    With any Zombie outbreak scenario, your choices will have consequences...
    Today's question

    Who do you leave behind and why?
    You take an animal with you, but what is it?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Offline

    21
    ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by PugDevil)
    You are sat at home, watching TV with your family; they consist of your mother, father, brother, sister and grandmother. This happens every Sunday, but this is no normal Sunday. Today is the day that the Undead rise!

    A virus has been spreading over the country but until now people thought it was just a virus. The TV flickers before changing into a government broadcast. It tells you that you should stay in your homes and avoid going outside only if you have to. However, you peer outside and see that everyone is packing suitcases into their cars and smoke is pillowing into the air in the distance.

    Your Grandmother is quite frail and needs constant medication to ensure her health is stable. Your brother is older than you, whilst your sister is younger. Your parents have been married for around 20 years.

    The only mode of transport that you have is a four-seater car and walking is simply not an option. That means that unfortunately, someone will have to stay behind. The plan is to head into a local town hardware and tools store as you need protection and supplies if you're going to survive this outbreak.

    -------------

    Okay, so this is a work in progress and I'm not entirely sure that it will work out as planned! But essentially this is a 'create your own story'. I will create a vague scenario and then advance it and you will have to make the hard decisions. BUT you must stick to the questions that I produce otherwise it wont work

    I will give a new scenario when enough people have posted, so keep tuned!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    With any Zombie outbreak scenario, your choices will have consequences...
    Today's question

    Who do you leave behind and why?
    What do you take with you? (One Item)
    Oh my god, this is such a difficult choice… but I'm a realist and grandma told me she's "past her expiry date" and so she volunteered to stay back and defend the house against the undead. :eek3: She's trained in Taekwondo so she'll be OK for a couple of weeks, there's plenty of canned food in the garage for her - but she's accepted her eventual demise. Good on you, grandma.

    We take the family pet, Pippin — a German Shepherd (not a pug ) with us and flee.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Cheeky bump I like this thread
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    Oh my god, this is such a difficult choice… but I'm a realist and grandma told me she's "past her expiry date" and so she volunteered to stay back and defend the house against the undead. :eek3: She's trained in Taekwondo so she'll be OK for a couple of weeks, there's plenty of canned food in the garage for her - but she's accepted her eventual demise. Good on you, grandma.

    We take the family pet, Pippin — a German Shepherd (not a pug ) with us and flee.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Cheeky bump I like this thread
    Thank you for the bump hahaha, that made me laugh a lot - thank you! Good idea about the animal, I shall make a sneaky edit and change it to animal (although everyone can see this now)
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Offline

    21
    ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by PugDevil)
    Thank you for the bump hahaha, that made me laugh a lot - thank you! Good idea about the animal, I shall make a sneaky edit and change it to animal (although everyone can see this now)
    Use your newfound powers, Mr PugDevil. :P Feel free to edit my quote of you, you have permission.
 
 
 
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

    Quick Link:

    Unanswered Forum Games Threads

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.