Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I'm going into second year and thinking I will probably study CDB, Pathology and BMB, though haven't fully ruled out Physiology, Pharmacology or Neurobiology.

What can I do to prepare over the summer? I'm hoping to improve on this years results and to also decide which ones to take.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mini-Me)
    Hello,

I'm going into second year and thinking I will probably study CDB, Pathology and BMB, though haven't fully ruled out Physiology, Pharmacology or Neurobiology.

What can I do to prepare over the summer? I'm hoping to improve on this years results and to also decide which ones to take.

Thanks
    Do you know someone in the year above doing any of those options? If so you could ask for electronic versions of the notes for next year and read through them. I find reading notes in advance means I can better follow the lectures. You could see which courses you could most imagine yourself doing and enjoying. If you have recommended reading lists maybe have a look at them.

You could maybe think about how you could have done better if you could do 1st year again, and try to do those things next year. Maybe read back over your IA cells notes over the summer as you'll probably have forgotten lots by October, and I guess IB may build on it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mini-Me)
    Hello,

Thanks
    Yeah, I think getting someone in the year above to send you the notes is probably the most useful thing you could do.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.