Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I have my first ever job interview on Saturday and it's for a part time job at H Samuel. I'm so nervous😁I'll be honest, I don't know much about the company as I'm so desperate for a job I've basically just been applying wherever there's a vacancy near me, and I've never had a job or a job interview which makes it's even more nerve-wracking for me. Anyone with experience of a job interview with H Samuel or just in general, any advice please? I know they ask "why do you want this role?" but idk what to say to that :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zombie-dance)
    I'll be honest, I don't know much about the company as I'm so desperate for a job I've basically just been applying wherever there's a vacancy near me
    There is nothing inherently wrong with this, but now you have an interview, it is time to become obsessed with H Samuel. Go on their website. Find out where their headquarters are, who the Managing Director is. Look at their stock price if there is one and find out if they are doing well or having trouble. Google news articles on H Samuel. Next, go to your local branch. Watch how the staff dress, how they interact with customers. If you are really keen, why not pop in when they are quiet and ask questions of the staff. What is their best seller? What do they struggle to sell? If they have one tip, what is it? All the information you need is there. If you are confident and able to smile easily, this should be a breeze.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    There is nothing inherently wrong with this, but now you have an interview, it is time to become obsessed with H Samuel. Go on their website. Find out where their headquarters are, who the Managing Director is. Look at their stock price if there is one and find out if they are doing well or having trouble. Google news articles on H Samuel. Next, go to your local branch. Watch how the staff dress, how they interact with customers. If you are really keen, why not pop in when they are quiet and ask questions of the staff. What is their best seller? What do they struggle to sell? If they have one tip, what is it? All the information you need is there. If you are confident and able to smile easily, this should be a breeze.

Good luck!
    (Original post by ByEeek)

Good luck!
    Thank you so much! I hope it goes well haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.