So I've been offered a job and have told them that I would get back to them tomorrow with an answer. However, I'm also currently waiting for the reply of a different job, which I would much prefer to take as its a better salary and more related to the career I want. Should I risk it and decline the first offer or could I accept an offer and then turn it down if I have been accepted by the preferred company. I realise the last option isn't very professional!
Any advice would be great.
I've been offered a job but would prefer to accept another that is still in progress! Watch
- Thread Starter
- 04-07-2016 17:05
- 04-07-2016 17:13
Contact the preferred company and see when you will hear back as you have another job offer and want to manage their expectations.
Go back to the first company and ask for a couple more days to think about it. However, you could verbally informally accept but say you like to see the paperwork and read it before formally confirming the acceptance. You usually have to sign something to show your acceptance and paperwork back and forth can usually take a few days, buying you some time.
Posted from TSR Mobile