6th July: What do you do when you’re bored? Watch

BBC Radio 1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Life isn’t always 24/7 fun and games, so if your life isn’t as exciting as you’d like it to be, tune in to The Surgery on Wednesday as Gemma and Dr Radha talk about how to handle boredom.Are you always bored?

Do you slip into bad habits when you have nothing to do? How do you keep yourself entertained when there’s nothing happening where you are?

Whether you have a weird hobby that keeps you busy, or just want some advice to stop you sliding into bored bad habits, share your stories below, and tune in on Wednesday 6th July at 9pm on Radio 1 for some advice on how to handle boredom.

Please note: You can post on this forum anonymously.
fatima1998
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
whats on the 6th of July
username2387497
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by fatima1998)
whats on the 6th of July
Radio 1's advice on how to cure boredom!
Paracosm
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Being a member of the support team here, I'll use the site when I'm bored to help people if they need it, move threads to the right place and chat with others. Works wonders! I also like to listen to lots of music, really improves my mood.
username2387497
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Right im back again!

When im bored i like to fire up the xbox and just go mad on some games i like to play!
Also music is a good one but that just gives me loads of energy
Motorsport never fails to make me happy, i love it!
But TSR is probably one of the best ways anyone can cure boredom! Its just so fun and full of nice friendly people! It really is a nice place to be!
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Normally, I am doing so much that boredom has no chance to touch me. I can do a lot of hobbies in my free time to prevent that my life gets boring. And even if it should be bored, I have always a lot of books to read to pass time.*
TeddyBear86
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I try and do as many courses online as I can find and literally go down the list pick one or two and then work through the units/modules or I grab my kindle and get reading books. i have a lot of books I am going to read so I am going to set myself a goal to read 35 books one year, complete my novel and do my a-levels (English literature, Psychology and ELLA) & and I am also working towards my degree.
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by iEthan)
Being a member of the support team here, I'll use the site when I'm bored to help people if they need it, move threads to the right place and chat with others. Works wonders! I also like to listen to lots of music, really improves my mood.
So, you are just using TSR when you got bored? As I see you quite often on TSR, does that mean you are bored usually?*
Paracosm
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
So, you are just using TSR when you got bored? As I see you quite often on TSR, does that mean you are bored usually?*
No, of course not! Just when I am bored, I never have an excuse because Chat (the area I mod) is verrrrrryyyyy busy :afraid:. So essentially, I always have something to keep me occupied.
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No, of course not! Just when I am bored, I never have an excuse because Chat (the area I mod) is verrrrrryyyyy busy :afraid:. So essentially, I always have something to keep me occupied.
I see. It is like when mother or father said to you to clear your chaotic room up, if you have nothing to spend time with (because of boredom), right?

Oh, as you are a moderator: Can you tell why are there stars in my comments, although I am not writing them? is that a glitch by any chance? *
Paracosm
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I see. It is like when mother or father said to you to clear your chaotic room up, if you have nothing to spend time with (because of boredom), right?

Oh, as you are a moderator: Can you tell why are there stars in my comments, although I am not writing them? is that a glitch by any chance? *
Sort of like that, yes!

I wish I could. They plague us all at the moment, on random occasions too… I do believe they're a bug, yes.*
Paracosm
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
See…. Happened to me too…
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sort of like that, yes!

I wish I could. They plague us all at the moment, on random occasions too… I do believe they're a bug, yes.*
Fine. Do you know where I can complain about?

See…. Happened to me too…
It is so obviously that I thought you did it to kidding me. *
Paracosm
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Fine. Do you know where I can complain about?

It is so obviously that I thought you did it to kidding me. *
It's been noted by the development team! Trust me, they're working on fixing it. They're very busy people!

Ah, no. I wouldn't do that.
TeddyBear86
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I focus my attention on my music, writing letters, reading lots of books and of course writing my novel

Access to HE in Social Work

BSc Health and Social Care - pending
Platopus
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
If you have a good book, you will never be bored. So, I read a good book!
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Platopus)
If you have a good book, you will never be bored. So, I read a good book!
So true, so true. Agree with you without a contradiction. I hope that books will never be replaced by electronics (E-book for instance) completely.
Platopus
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
So true, so true. Agree with you without a contradiction. I hope that books will never be replaced by electronics (E-book for instance) completely.
Ugh yes, I hate e-books. Though I do feel guilty, thinking about all those trees!
TeddyBear86
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
But surely if books go to ebooks, we will be saving trees

Access to HE in Social Work

BSc Health and Social Care - pending
Kyx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I play chess
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (533)
66.54%
No (268)
33.46%

Watched Threads