Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have any advice cause if you Google this it's mostly advice from 2013 or something which isn't very useful. Can you tell me shops that are hiring and what to expect?

Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For supermarkets, you can usually sign up to job alerts which lets you know when a position has become available. In retail they either advertise online or in stores, so you can drop offer mail your CV to them. Other than that its just about being patient and accept that you will get a lot of rejections.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of high street chains will tell you to apply online, which can be really frustrating when you've spent time writing a decent C.V but, as in all things, perseverance is key.

I found the best thing to when i was job hunting at 16 was to stick on a suit and jump into as many shops as possible introducing myself and offering my C.V. with w a winning smile and a keen attitude. Classic approach but it worked for me

Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    Is it part-time or full-time you're looking for? Are you not still in education?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DatSmartGuy)
    Does anybody have any advice cause if you Google this it's mostly advice from 2013 or something which isn't very useful. Can you tell me shops that are hiring and what to expect?

Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    supermarket are best to apply to in august or September and restaurant and other retail place need Christmas staff but restaurant kitchen staff are best to apply for in October

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.