Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I recently turned 17 like (1 month) ago and so much expected from me ......
    My family continously tell me to be more responsible as I just hit 17 I still feel like a kid and I am always labeled as immature .How do i get rid of this immaturity?
    Is there a significant difference betweem a 16 yr and 17 yr old in terms of maturity .
    sorry I am aware that this question is kind of stupid but I kind of want to improve my personality and be more responsible

ReputationRep:
    Hey, everyone is different just ignore your parents and be yourself (aslong as you aren't hurting everybody). If you want to become more "mature" tho, just focus on bettering yourself by occupying your time with things you enjoy, and being more productive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Hey, everyone is different just ignore your parents and be yourself (aslong as you aren't hurting everybody). If you want to become more "mature" tho, just focus on bettering yourself by occupying your time with things you enjoy, and being more productive.
    THANKS for this benificial advice

(Original post by robin567)
    THANKS for this benificial advice
    mh

ReputationRep:
    I recently turned 17 like (1 month) ago and so much expected from me ......
    My family continuously tell me to be more responsible as I just hit 17 I still feel like a kid and I am always labeled as immature .How do i get rid of this immaturity?
    Is there a significant difference between a 16 yr and 17 yr old in terms of maturity .
    sorry I am aware that this question is kind of stupid but I kind of want to improve my personality and be more responsible
    No the difference should be in your personality, if you are child like then so be it but maturity comes with change and understanding

you should be ok though, just do less of the "childish" stuff you do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dskinner)
    No the difference should be in your personality, if you are child like then so be it but maturity comes with change and understanding

you should be ok though, just do less of the "childish" stuff you do
    i try to......... i see myself no different to when i was 16

ReputationRep:
    Yes, 'just ignore your parents.' Why not? They shouldn't have any expectations of you, should they? I expect they have fed , clothed and housed you for the last 17 years.

ReputationRep:
    i try to......... i see myself no different to when i was 16
    small small changes lead up to a big change.
    try saying to yourself i'll stop doing that silly habit for once, then once you've stopped doing that move on to the next silly thing then so on and so on, eventually you'll have gotten rid of a lot of your "childish" things which are seen as unfavourable

(Original post by dskinner)
    small small changes lead up to a big change.
    try saying to yourself i'll stop doing that silly habit for once, then once you've stopped doing that move on to the next silly thing then so on and so on, eventually you'll have gotten rid of a lot of your "childish" things which are seen as unfavourable
    yeah 100% agree

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 4, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.