Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just seen some cheap flights and considering going, but would be great to hear people's experiences and anything you'd recommend

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Copenhagen as well (next week...)

I would also like to hear about some experiences.
    However, I don't think there's a lot to do there, apart from Tivoli Gardens according to my research.

ReputationRep:
    Liked it. *Interesting modern art museum at Humlebeek, Roskilde interesting too. *You will recognise a lot of the city if you ever saw Borgen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterfly9595)
    Just seen some cheap flights and considering going, but would be great to hear people's experiences and anything you'd recommend

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Peppercrunch)
    I'm going to Copenhagen as well (next week...)

I would also like to hear about some experiences.
    However, I don't think there's a lot to do there, apart from Tivoli Gardens according to my research.
    It's a nice city. Went there for 3 days whilst interrailing last summer. Miles ahead of Oslo, not quite as good as Stockholm or Helsinki imo. I'd give it a strong 7.5/10. You'll love it. I don't know a single person that's been and not enjoyed it. Here's a couple of things I did that are worth doing:

- Go to Christiania and walk down Pusher Street. I found the area so amazing that I actually did loads of research on it once I got home. Don't take any pictures.

- Visit The Church Of Our Saviour, it's a massive Church that you can go right to the top of and has a spiral outside that you can walk up. Don't go up there if you don't like heights. Great Instagram photo ops.

- Going to the Little Mermaid Statue is a must, obviously. There's also a massive church near here which I can't remember the name of, but it's cool to go inside and look around if that's your thing. If you keep walking down the same road you'll end up by the residence of the royal family and you can hang around to see the changing of the guards.

- Try looking on AirBnB for accommodation if you haven't sorted that already. I found a nice flat with a kitchen, bathroom and washing machine all to myself for £90 for 3 nights, so because I was with my ex it was £45 each, so £15 each a night in the centre of Copenhagen, bargain! All we needed to do was get the S-Tog into the very centre.

- Quick note about the S-Tog, conductors don't check for tickets very often. If you're feeling ballsy you can probably get away with riding without one. They're not that expensive but if you were to get one every day it would soon add up. The fine isn't that rediculous either from what I remember, so riding without a ticket was worth the risk for me.. it might not be for you.

- If you like burgers, eat at Grillen Christianshavn (it's near The Church of our Saviour), they do amazing food.

- I didn't get the chance to go since I ran out of time and it was too expensive, but I've heard Tivoli gardens is worth checking out.

- Obviously you need to walk down Nyhavn, one of the nicest and most picturesque areas of Copenhagen.

- If you get the chance, go into the very centre and look for the white city bikes. You pay something like £2.50 for an hour and you can ride the bikes wherever you want and drop them off again, much like Boris Bikes over here. They've got Android tablets on the screen that double up as mini Satnavs and have all the landmarks on them that you might bike past. Biking in general is so fun though. Just be careful when you're on the road, some roads will have dedicated bike lanes so make sure you use them. I didn't notice this at first and got hit by a car. Luckily we were both going rediculously slow and he clipped the side of me, but still.

Yeah, Copenhagen is great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pizzanomics)
    It's a nice city. Went there for 3 days whilst interrailing last summer. Miles ahead of Oslo, not quite as good as Stockholm or Helsinki imo. I'd give it a strong 7.5/10. You'll love it. I don't know a single person that's been and not enjoyed it. Here's a couple of things I did that are worth doing:

- Go to Christiania and walk down Pusher Street. I found the area so amazing that I actually did loads of research on it once I got home. Don't take any pictures.

- Visit The Church Of Our Saviour, it's a massive Church that you can go right to the top of and has a spiral outside that you can walk up. Don't go up there if you don't like heights. Great Instagram photo ops.

- Going to the Little Mermaid Statue is a must, obviously. There's also a massive church near here which I can't remember the name of, but it's cool to go inside and look around if that's your thing. If you keep walking down the same road you'll end up by the residence of the royal family and you can hang around to see the changing of the guards.

- Try looking on AirBnB for accommodation if you haven't sorted that already. I found a nice flat with a kitchen, bathroom and washing machine all to myself for £90 for 3 nights, so because I was with my ex it was £45 each, so £15 each a night in the centre of Copenhagen, bargain! All we needed to do was get the S-Tog into the very centre.

- Quick note about the S-Tog, conductors don't check for tickets very often. If you're feeling ballsy you can probably get away with riding without one. They're not that expensive but if you were to get one every day it would soon add up. The fine isn't that rediculous either from what I remember, so riding without a ticket was worth the risk for me.. it might not be for you.

- If you like burgers, eat at Grillen Christianshavn (it's near The Church of our Saviour), they do amazing food.

- I didn't get the chance to go since I ran out of time and it was too expensive, but I've heard Tivoli gardens is worth checking out.

- Obviously you need to walk down Nyhavn, one of the nicest and most picturesque areas of Copenhagen.

- If you get the chance, go into the very centre and look for the white city bikes. You pay something like £2.50 for an hour and you can ride the bikes wherever you want and drop them off again, much like Boris Bikes over here. They've got Android tablets on the screen that double up as mini Satnavs and have all the landmarks on them that you might bike past. Biking in general is so fun though. Just be careful when you're on the road, some roads will have dedicated bike lanes so make sure you use them. I didn't notice this at first and got hit by a car. Luckily we were both going rediculously slow and he clipped the side of me, but still.

Yeah, Copenhagen is great!
    Great thanks! That's really helpful, definitely keen to go!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.