Do u have a summer job? Watch

This discussion is closed.
lilsunflower
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by britishseapower)
so am I, I was making a twister in KFC the other day and forgot to put the bread on...
Oh no! What happened??? Lolz... surely you didn't serve it without the bread?
britishseapower
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by LS.)
Paper round and working on a saturday in a supermarket
how many burglar alarms have you set off?
LS.
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
how many burglar alarms have you set off?
None, and luckily no-one has any loose dogs on my round. However at one house I swear that as soon as I put the paper through the letterbox a dog rips it to shreads...heh.
britishseapower
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lilsunflower)
Oh no! What happened??? Lolz... surely you didn't serve it without the bread?
no, only because somebody caught me doing it though
britishseapower
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by LS.)
None, and luckily no-one has any loose dogs on my round. However at one house I swear that as soon as I put the paper through the letterbox a dog rips it to shreads...heh.
I use to get all sorts, burglar alarms, dogs ramming the doors and breathing on my hand as I put the paper through, I even had a guy open the door once, take the paper off me, then make barking noises, pretending he was trying to prevent his dog escaping :confused:
lilsunflower
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
no, only because somebody caught me doing it though
Thank goodness.. lolz... I burn everything I touch so I'm no use. I also get all teary eyed when people yell and yell at me. *sigh*..
LS.
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I use to get all sorts, burglar alarms, dogs ramming the doors and breathing on my hand as I put the paper through, I even had a guy open the door once, take the paper off me, then make barking noises, pretending he was trying to prevent his dog escaping :confused:
Aww, I've only been doing it for three weeks, so there's still chance for me to encounter all that.
starry
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by LS.)
Aww, I've only been doing it for three weeks, so there's still chance for me to encounter all that.
i hope you have an enjoyable time then
LS.
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by starry)
i hope you have an enjoyable time then
Heh, I hope all goes well to, thanks

I'm also thinking about volunteering at a charity shop after I've settled into my other two jobs.
_EMMA_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by xxgirlxx)
Do u have a summer job and where do u work (what do u do)?
yes, i work as a cashier.
BazTheMoney
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I don't have a summer job but I desperately need one.

riotgrrrl
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by LS.)
In one house I go to on my paper round they have a glass door with a vail and I always here the dogs but can only see shadows as I push the paper through and hope for the best, but last week I was delivering and I heard the useual barks, and got ready to put the paper through quickly when the dogs pounded and there wasn't a veil so all I saw was this mouth running towards me, hitting the door, then sliding down - absolute priceless made it much better walkin gin the rain!
lidybetf
Report 14 years ago
i've got 1 permanent job doing admin which ive had for the last 2 years, sorting out all the higly computer illiterate people who work there, lol, and doing lots of designing of documents. I've also just got a temporary 2 week job working at NEXT during the sales. I'm also getting paid £500 to do a piece of art for soemone, but havent started that yet.
britishseapower
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lilsunflower)
Thank goodness.. lolz... I burn everything I touch so I'm no use. I also get all teary eyed when people yell and yell at me. *sigh*..
lol u sound dead cute
britishseapower
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by LS.)
Heh, I hope all goes well to, thanks

I'm also thinking about volunteering at a charity shop after I've settled into my other two jobs.
Id recommed it, I work at the British Heart Foundation as a volunteer, you will come across alot of unusual people though, bonus for a psychology student
DivineComedy
Report 14 years ago
I work at Barclays bank...
Pegasus
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
No....I'm still looking. I applied to loads of places but only got one reply and that was a 'sorry we don't have any vacancies' from Waitrose.
sneezyme
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i work at 'kumon' it's this after-school eductaion centre, where kids learn maths and english. i correct their work and record it, and also help them read and do difficult maths problems. i've been doing this for more than 3 years though, and it's only 4-5 hours a week. i'm looking for another job for the rest of the time. i've applied to loads of places, but never get a reply!
undiscovered
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Misbah Imtiaz)
No, I don't actually I've never had a job! :rolleyes: I don't like the concept of taking orders from others
I've never had a job either. There's a job vacancy in a bakery shop in my town but i'm too scared to go in there and ask; i hate rejection
britishseapower
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by SiAnY)
I've never had a job either. There's a job vacancy in a bakery shop in my town but i'm too scared to go in there and ask; i hate rejection
Just ask for an application form or if they don't have one, phone them up and ask about an interview or something, at least you won't have to look at them if they reject you and its unlikely they will reject you without even interviewing you, the only time you will get knocked back is if the vacancy has been filled
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1385)
79.55%
Leave (356)
20.45%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed