Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • #1
    • Thread Starter

    Hey guys,I've been realllllyyy struggling recently with my intake (since exams I guess), but its got a lot worse over the last couple weeks. I don't know who to turn to or what to say to them.I have been skipping meals again, counting calories and starting to exercise more. I don't have access to scales so idk what my weights doing and the last 3 drs appointments I have said no to being weighed. I have a cap on the number of calories I allow myself to eat and am eating under it at the moment due to only eating one meal a day. At the moment I would say that I'm averaging at between 500-700kcal a day :/

    My parents are unaware and they seem to be fine with me cutting back my portions, they haven't said anything over the last week and have let me decide how much I eat, so I've pretty much been eating half of what they have.I have ZERO energy, feel dizzy all the time, my periods become really irregular (I can't remember the last time I had a 'normal' one - sorry if TMI!),

    I'm struggling to sleep because I feel I have to exercise at night but I doubt I'm really losing muhc weight because just before exams I went throuhg a period of binge eating so I recon my weights stayed the same from before that meaning it won't seem like I've lost anything to my GP.I feel really weak and light headed a lot, and I dont know what to say to anyone. I had an assessment with adult services but they calculated my BMI wrong becaise they put my height as smaller than I am and I didn't correct them as I wanted to get away with it, so they think my weights okay for my height.98% of me wants to relapse and curl up into a ball for the rest of my life.

    Depression has hit me hard again. I don;t want my parents to find out and am scared my GP will tell them (despite being 18) Any advice is appreciated! xx

    Ok, you've realized that you have a problem and that's the first step to getting better. As you're 18 your GP will be bound by confidentiality laws. The only way he can tell anyone would be if you are going to harm yourself or someone else - and even then he won't tell your parents if you don't want them told.

    I would say that you need to go talk to your GP and don't hide things. If it's easier maybe write down what's wrong so you can hand it to him and not leave anything out. Make sure to include that adult services worked out your BMI wrong and you do need help.
Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.