Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm choosing my A level subjects soon and was wondering whether these would be ok for applying to vet med?
    Biology, Chemistry, French and Psychology.
    I'm on target for A/A* in GCSE physics and maths but I know I'll find them difficult at A level so I don't want to risk doing badly in one of them.
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buzzyambee)
    Hi, I'm choosing my A level subjects soon and was wondering whether these would be ok for applying to vet med?
    Biology, Chemistry, French and Psychology.
    I'm on target for A/A* in GCSE physics and maths but I know I'll find them difficult at A level so I don't want to risk doing badly in one of them.
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought I'd find Maths hard at A-level but haven't! As long as you have biology and chemistry, it's fine. Do whatever you enjoy for your other two options. Although maths might look better

ReputationRep:
    Unless you want to go to Cambridge, you don't need maths - having French or Psychology won't disadvantage you at all. So those subjects are fine
    Do what you're better at and enjoy more, then you'll end up with better grades, which is more important than having maths or physics.

ReputationRep:
    Good choices. Wouldn't recommend Psychology as it can be seen as a soft subject

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    I thought I'd find Maths hard at A-level but haven't! As long as you have biology and chemistry, it's fine. Do whatever you enjoy for your other two options. Although maths might look better
    That's good to know about Maths! I may have a think about that some time soon

(Original post by nox1)
    Unless you want to go to Cambridge, you don't need maths - having French or Psychology won't disadvantage you at all. So those subjects are fine
    Do what you're better at and enjoy more, then you'll end up with better grades, which is more important than having maths or physics.
    Thank you, sounds good!

(Original post by Chmbiogeog)
    Good choices. Wouldn't recommend Psychology as it can be seen as a soft subject
    I've heard that about Psychology. I'd probably drop it after AS if I did go ahead and choose it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.