Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm a supporter of UKIP, and having heard about Nigel Farage's resignation as the party's leader just hours before right now, as I am writing this, I wanted to know if there were any other UKIP supporters on this site.

Also, can someone please explain why Farage has chosen to resign despite his shock success in the EU referendum last month?

ReputationRep:
    He likely is getting bigger financial backers, and celebrating with his German wife.

ReputationRep:
    Plenty of vocal UKIP supporters on this website.

As for Farage resigning, I'm not sure what is left for him to do. The establishment that we voted for will decide what is best for the country. Farage does not get a place at that table and he knows it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adamski191)
    I'm a supporter of UKIP, and having heard about Nigel Farage's resignation as the party's leader just hours before right now, as I am writing this, I wanted to know if there were any other UKIP supporters on this site.

Also, can someone please explain why Farage has chosen to resign despite his shock success in the EU referendum last month?
    I am an ex ukip supporter as I voted for them on the issue of the eu which is now settled.

I will have to see the new policies and leader before deciding if to stick with them now. If not I'll be moving to the conservatives as a natural home

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I go where Farage goes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adamski191)

He made EU referendum possible, he can resign as his done his job, now UKIP is about to overtake Labour as the main opposition, say bye bye to left-wing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ckfeister)
    He made EU referendum possible, he can resign as his done his job, now UKIP is about to overtake Labour as the main opposition, say bye bye to left-wing
    UKIP are polling at around 15%, Labour and Conservatives around 32%.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHallowvale)
    UKIP are polling at around 15%, Labour and Conservatives around 32%.
    Any going back on the leave vote and they will pick up more support.

Also who knows what is going to happen to labour at the moment

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually a neo nazi according to the Political compass. I just to the right of new labour economically so I may be hitler's reincarnation, I backed UKIP on social values and for economic values I am a labour voter as i hate the tories

ReputationRep:
    I'm like Paul. Don't think I would call myself a supporter. I voted for them at the last general election but I'm not tribal about it. I will see what they come up with next time we have to vote.

I think Farage is genuine when he said he has resigned because he has achieved what he wanted. I think Ukip has always been a means to an end for him and we have now voted to leave the EU.

Ukip didn't have much of a voice in the referendum debate compared to the conservatives and now it is about how the government decides to move from here, there is little room for Ukip.

I think it is good for the party to. I like Farage but I think we all know what his opinions are, he is toxic to a lot of people and I think it is time for a fresh face with new ideas.

I would like to see Patrick O'flynn as leader.

ReputationRep:
    1) Farage took them where he wanted to and achieved what he set out to do
    2) The party needs to be rebranded and go in another direction now - Farage already has an image attached with him so he cannot take it to where it needs to be - Steven Woolfe is that person

ReputationRep:
    I think UKIP probably represents my ideas the most out of all of the mainstream parties. I wish there was some sort of libertarian right party in this country that was significant and I could vote for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TercioOfParma)
    I think UKIP probably represents my ideas the most out of all of the mainstream parties. I wish there was some sort of libertarian right party in this country that was significant and I could vote for.
    Start one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshiee)
    Start one.
    I have the charisma of rock, it wouldn't achieve anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TercioOfParma)
    I have the charisma of rock, it wouldn't achieve anything.
    Sounds tasty.

ReputationRep:
    I've voted for them in the past 2 elections as I've wanted to be out of the EU. Not sure where I'll be going now, I feel a bit politically lost given the state of things at the minute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Livvyxo)
    I've voted for them in the past 2 elections as I've wanted to be out of the EU. Not sure where I'll be going now, I feel a bit politically lost given the state of things at the minute.
    Well we will have at least a year to make up our minds I suspect for the local elections next year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm an active UKIP member and I'm not overly surprised about him resigning. He said all along that his goal way to get us out of the EU so I was expecting it to happen if we voted leave. I heard that there was a UKIP press conference the afternoon before he resigned and I guessed that it could have been something to do with a resignation. Sad to see him go but this could be a good opportunity for some of the talent that we have to come forward. I'm guessing it'll be Steven Woolfe (my personal choice for leader) or Paul Nuttall (would still be very happy if he got it)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.