Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OK. You may have heard from me before, I wanna ask a girl I haven't seen for a while out and I know exactly what to say and how to approach the situation except for actually getting her alone. Normally she's around friends, mostly guys (I know them all but I don't hang around with them and haven't spoken to them since last year apart from one who I'm close friends with) and I just wanna get her away from them so I can catch up and then ask her out. Just, how do I do it without it being awkward or is that impossible? I don't have any contact with her as of now but I'm saying something before I leave college or it will eat me up for the rest of my days thanks!

ReputationRep:
    do you share any common classes? do you go home the same direction?

There will be some time when you see her alone, maybe its between her classes, maybe its immediately after the day ends, maybe in the morning.

Just greet her, start a nice conversation. Do it a few times and make your move. Awkwardness depends on your ability. Ill tell you this though; if you get an opportunity, TAKE IT TAKE IT TAKE IT. Your best bet is when the situation naturally reaches the point where you can casually ask her out.

good luck tell me how it goes!

ReputationRep:
    I fear you may be approaching this in the wrong way.

What I would do, is integrate myself with that group. You say you know them, that's perfect. Go say hello, become part of that conversation, and make yourself a regular. Once she gets used to you wanting to join in, if she has feelings for you, she will pay you more attention to you.

As you talk to the group, let your eyes wander, let her see you smile when you look into her eyes. You don't need to straight ask her out then and there, just based off your body language, she'll see that you like her. If she's interested, she'll give you subtle hints and opportunities to suggest things you two can do together. It is at this point that she expects you to offer to go somewhere together, and again she'll give you subtle indications that she's ready to be asked out.

Women communicate mostly through body language, if you just up and ask her out, it's a 50/50 that she'll say yes. Play the body language game, and your chances go way up. Either way, you've got to get back into her life, she can't notice you if you're not there. Honestly, joining that group is the fastest way to get talking to her again.

I hope this helps, good luck and remember to follow you instinct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kelefi)
    do you share any common classes? do you go home the same direction?

There will be some time when you see her alone, maybe its between her classes, maybe its immediately after the day ends, maybe in the morning.

Just greet her, start a nice conversation. Do it a few times and make your move. Awkwardness depends on your ability. Ill tell you this though; if you get an opportunity, TAKE IT TAKE IT TAKE IT. Your best bet is when the situation naturally reaches the point where you can casually ask her out.

good luck tell me how it goes!
    Ok, let me summarise real quick. We have different timetables now so it's almost impossible to see her in between classes. I was devastated cause I saw her alone on a day where we were off timetable doing our own thing and she was walking out of college, I was ready to "bump into her" and a friend appears out of nowhere and we start having a convo and the chance goes.

I have to escalate the process cause I've got little time before summer when we break up for 6 weeks and I can't spend another 6 weeks thinking about being with her constantly. I just want an answer.

Thank you very much for your well wishes.

(Original post by Blutjagdhund)
    I fear you may be approaching this in the wrong way.

What I would do, is integrate myself with that group. You say you know them, that's perfect. Go say hello, become part of that conversation, and make yourself a regular. Once she gets used to you wanting to join in, if she has feelings for you, she will pay you more attention to you.

As you talk to the group, let your eyes wander, let her see you smile when you look into her eyes. You don't need to straight ask her out then and there, just based off your body language, she'll see that you like her. If she's interested, she'll give you subtle hints and opportunities to suggest things you two can do together. It is at this point that she expects you to offer to go somewhere together, and again she'll give you subtle indications that she's ready to be asked out.

Women communicate mostly through body language, if you just up and ask her out, it's a 50/50 that she'll say yes. Play the body language game, and your chances go way up. Either way, you've got to get back into her life, she can't notice you if you're not there. Honestly, joining that group is the fastest way to get talking to her again.

I hope this helps, good luck and remember to follow you instinct.
    1) it's too unnatural being involved in that group, it's so much easier said than done and I don't like all of them so it wouldn't work.

2) I don't have the time to get to know her more via her friends. The body language will have to shine through in quick conversation where I ask her out. If I'm confident enough I can tip a balance in my favour.

But thanks for your suggestion. If I wasn't breaking up for holiday soon id consider it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.