Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hey, once you've matched with someone on Tinder, how long would you give until you arrange to meet up?
    I've been chatting to this guy (I'm also a guy - gay) for three weeks now and we share similar interests, have lots in common and we're both looking for the same things. We text pretty much constantly throughout the day. We haven't called or face timed yet, but we snap chat often. When do you think we should arrange to meet up?

ReputationRep:
    Whenever your ready :bhangra:

ReputationRep:
    Well, being gay myself, I actually think you two are overdue for a meeting. Ask him if he wants to meet up, and think about a place you two may both know about, its surroundings, its environment, the area (for the love of God, think about the area!) and how far you are from each other. This truly sounds like a relationship that will stand the test of time, but it's absolutely imperative you make the right call by gaining some common ground on your first meeting place. You never thought that a couple's first meeting place could have such an impact on their potential relationship (for example, my parents met at my mum's cousin's 21st birthday party in a crowded disco, and they've been married for 27 years now!) so consider your options. This probably won't be of much use, but keep it in mind.

ReputationRep:
    Facetime first, but whenever you both feel ready

My friend met her girlfriend on Tinder around about March/April, and she met her last week they do live pretty far apart though, the girl is like an hour's drive from my town.

ReputationRep:
    That is really nice , but I think you should face - time and see him , because I have had experience about meeting someone up from the Internet , I know how it feels to be like wow this is going well and one thing happens and you just don't expect it as the person is not who you think they are ,
    But just give it time and when you are ready for it .

Just like "adamski191" - has said the place and area is very important in this . But just as long as you feel happy and he feels happy that is all that matters . 😉😉😜

ReputationRep:
    3 weeks? Sheesh. Surprised somebody maintains interest that long; everybody that uses tinder from what I've seen just gets the number and meets up within a few days

ReputationRep:
    I thought Tinder was just for straight people. Learn something new every day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boondock Saint)
    I thought Tinder was just for straight people. Learn something new every day.
    :rofl:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.