Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Elimination of discrimination does not always lead to equality.a watch

ReputationRep:
    What if all significant levels of institutionalized racism and sexism were eliminated? Then some minority groups or women still fail to achieve social success at the same rate as white men. Perhaps cultural, physical, genetic, and psychological issues can also contribute to the disparity between sexes and races in society. *The social assertion is that discrimination is the only acceptable factor for non racists people discuss. The fear/frustration experiences by white men is their so-called "privilege" will become nothing more than a myth, but handicapping policies will persist. The result is a standard where white men are accused of benefiting from a social advantage while the opposite is true. The reality is that white men are overcoming an affirmative action handicap and still succeeding due to an evolutionary advantage. It is complete BS that we try to measure privilege according to the rate of success instead of tangible advantages. *

-In modern day there are more racist minorities than than racist white people.
    -There is more institutionalized discrimination against white men than any other group.
    -White men continue to enjoy more social success because of inherent culture and traits.
    -Once institutionalized racism is eliminated then any sex/race that is able to exploit a evolutionary advantage should be permitted to do so. **

ReputationRep:
    What evolutionary advantage do you speak of? (I'm curious.)
    What traits/characteristics do white people inherently have as an advantage?

falseprofit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    What evolutionary advantage do you speak of? (I'm curious.)
    What traits/characteristics do white people inherently have as an advantage?

falseprofit
    Based on half this forum I'd argue that a superiority complex is starting to seem like a likely inherent trait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    Based on half this forum I'd argue that a superiority complex is starting to seem like a likely inherent trait.
    But a superiority complex isn't an evolutionary (selective) advantage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    But a superiority complex isn't an evolutionary (selective) advantage.
    WHY COULDN'T YOU JUST LET ME HAVE THIS SARCASTIC REPLY STUART.

WHY rUIN IT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    WHY COULDN'T YOU JUST LET ME HAVE THIS SARCASTIC REPLY STUART.

WHY rUIN IT.
    OCD on semantics.

(you)

:mob:

ReputationRep:
    I think you mean it doesn't result in an equal outcome.

If you got rid of the institutional discrimination and had equal opportunity then there would be equal opportunity which is what clever people want but not outcome which is what sjw's want.

Here is a fine example of institutional discrimination
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 32
Size:  38.5 KB

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.