Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Corbyn appoints 81-year-old bigot to Shadow Cabinet watch

ReputationRep:
    Corbyn has appointed his old chum, 81 year old Paul Flynn, to the posts of Shadow Leader of the House, and Shadow Secretary of State for Wales. Both are substantial roles in their own right, and the fact he has to appoint the one washed-up old has-been to both posts speaks to just how desperate he is.

Corbyn had to go before the Home Affairs Select Committee where he said he "regretted" calling Hamas his friends and said he is not an anti-semite at all. But appointing Paul Flynn suggests otherwise.

In 2011, Flynn attacked the newly appointed UK Ambassador to Israel. Keep in mind this is a career foreign office official, not a politician or public figure. He'd previously been Deputy Head of Mission in Iran where he successfully negotiated with the Ayatollahs for the release of the British sailors taken hostage. He'd been the Joint Intelligence Committee's representative in Washington DC, and also Private Secretary for Foreign Affairs to the Prime Minister and Principal Private Secretary to the Foreign Secretary. By all accounts a high flyer of great intelligence, sound judgment, utter discretion and unquestioned loyalty to the United Kingdom.

What was the reason Flynn attacked him and called for him to step down? Purely because he was Jewish. Flynn said

"We need someone with roots in the UK [who] can't be accused of having Jewish loyalty".
    This appointment removes all doubt that Corbyn, ultimately, doesn't hold it against someone if they're an anti-semitic bigot. It obviously does not cause him to think less of someone, which tells us a lot about his own attitude to Jewish people

ReputationRep:
    Jesus christ I just googled him and he looks good for his age. He looks like a 61 year old not an 81 year old.

ReputationRep:
    He prefers someone who is loyal to the UK and its interests rather than that of Israels interest. I dont see the problem here, seems like a patriot to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheHistoryKid)
    He prefers someone who is loyal to the UK and its interests rather than that of Israels interest. I dont see the problem here, seems like a patriot to me.
    So you're saying Jews are inherently disloyal? That's what the Nazis said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thutmose-III)
    So you're saying Jews are inherently disloyal? That's what the Nazis said.
    No, stop twisting my words, but if you look at the facts the individual in question had questionable loyalty.

ReputationRep:
    No, stop twisting my words, but if you look at the facts the individual in question had questionable loyalty.
    I'm no twisting your words. You're saying he had questionable loyalty because he's a Jew. That means you take the same position as the Nazis.

I don't interact with Nazis so I won't respond to any further messages from you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm no twisting your words. You're saying he had questionable loyalty because he's a Jew. That means you take the same position as the Nazis.

I don't interact with Nazis so I won't respond to any further messages from you.
    I also agree with the Nazi's point about becoming a self-sufficient state. Does that mean i take the same postion as Nazis on everything? Lol piss off with your idiocy.

ReputationRep:
    Ketchup and HP please.

ReputationRep:

I recall TheHistoryKid's interpretation being:

"interpretation" being an operative word; it was something he deduced, not a view he adopted.

TheHistoryKid has said in other words Paul Flynn prefers someone who represents the UK and its interests as opposed to someone who represents Israel and its interests.

So regardless of what Paul Flynn said or meant, TheHistoryKid most certainly did not say Jewish people have questionable loyalty, so stop misrepresenting TheHistoryKid's words Thutmose-III, and stop slandering.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Denis Skinner will be the next.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    TheHistoryKid has said in other words Paul Flynn prefers someone who represents the UK and its interests as opposed to someone who represents Israel and its interests.
    If you assume he represents Israel's and not the UK's interests simply because he's Jewish (essentially accusing him of being a traitor to his own country, with no evidence whatsoever to back it up and everything pointing in the opposite direction given people who occupy senior management positions in the foreign office are repeatedly vetted), then you're an anti-semite.

It's really not that hard to grasp.

ReputationRep:
    I cant take you seriously when you abuse the elderly. Show some respect ffs.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 6, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.