Anime Watch

This discussion is closed.
daz4000
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
i used to like dradonball but when they but on the ariganul dragonball i whent off it but i still watch z and gt every now and then
i,ve got all the overfiends as well
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Egan1)
Does anyone else on the forum like/watch anime? If so any particular series'?
My brother introduced me to it a while ago and I am addicted- it's a shame they don't really show any on tv -and when they do it's always kiddies' programmes dubbed in american accents :mad: -I like watching it in Japanese (subbed) -and am actually learning little snippets of language along the way ...want to learn to draw em aswell but my attempts have been, erm...interesting

Anyway...anyone?

Egan
Are you kidding, I love anime.

Thee are loads of good series out there, although geeting hold of them can be tricky.

try some of these:

trigun
hellsing
cowboy bebop
love hina
chrono crusade
naruto
final fantasy unlimited
slayers
read or die

some good films, if you can get hold of them are:

akira
vampire hunter D
detonator orgun
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
one very good place to get anime is bittorrent, as long as it isn't liscenced, you can freely download it. that's where I get most of my anime.
Egan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Yosh! This weeks Naruto was great.

(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
try some of these:
trigun
hellsing - I've seen and own the series on DVD. (So far have not tried out the dubs)
cowboy bebop - Saw the first episode a while ago, would like to see more as it is one of the best supposedly, however it is licensed, and a very long series I believe -so, too much to buy
love hina
chrono crusade - But ADV Films licensed it- damn them! Heh, I note they thought we couldn't take not having a vowel in there.
naruto -
final fantasy unlimited
slayers
read or die -Own the OVA on DVD, and have naughtily seen all of R.O.D. Tv.
Just got the first Fruits Basket (the anime that sparked the obsession) DVD. As expected, was horrified by the dubs, though I suppose they weren't as bad as some of the Full Metal Panic ones. Ah...they should leave them be. They'd also changed the lyrics of the opening and ending to English -keeping the tunes.
Out of curiosity, if any of you are American and have seen dubbings of an anime you've already seen subbed, does it make you cringe as well?
Heh, I need to watch/hear the Hellsing ones and see whether I hate them as much as I hate the American dubs, as I believe they're done by English voice actors.

Also on the extras was an intro, which had a few bits by the seiyuu for the main roles, and got to see a tiny glimpse at them doing some animation, which was interesting.

Anyway, I'll stop woffling on.
sweetjustice
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
These anime are not downloaded or rented you can catch them on the TV. There was Zoids, DBZ, G Gundam, then they stoped showing Z and GG and started showing Yuyu Hakusho, Runoui Kenshin. These come on durring the day starting at about 3:30pm. They don't show RK durring this time anymore tho they have started to show this anime at night, they have also started showing Z at night to, and I think GG is making a come back, but its going to be coming on at night to. They have also aired this one anime forgot what its called, but its about these four kids who get in the middle of this huge war going on between these two groups super huge car-like androids. They aired it right after GG and then dropped it, now its also making a come back, but its going to be coming on at night. There Xmen, Fooly Cooly, Blue Gender, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Lupin the third, Inyuyasha, Hack/Sign. .H/S comes on only on one of the weekend days either Saturday or Sunday somewhere around 11:00pm. These anime with the exception of .H/S start at 9:30pm. They don't show I anymore either. X isn't really an anime but it is worth mentioning.
could you tell me which channel,the frequency if possible.
sweetjustice
Report 14 years ago
could anyone tell me where i can download gravitation,weiss kreuz, zatsuei fansubs in english(free)
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (159)
13.29%
Excited (106)
8.86%
Worried (218)
18.23%
Terrified (280)
23.41%
Meh (96)
8.03%
Confused (32)
2.68%