Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

So I'm 15 and I'm studying art. Currently we are having a two week span of "pre mocks" in year 10 (going into year 11) to get us ready for our exams. Last week was the first week and I got the bulk of them done. But this week I've had a horrible migraine and I missed one of my maths ones yesterday which is no big deal because I know I can retake that easily during lesson time. The problem is my art exam. This lasts 5 hours today and I'm going to miss it. They say it's a mock but nothing really is in art because it is all coursework. I'm just worried about what will happen. Can I retake it? I'm thinking not because of the length of time it is (pretty much a full school day) and I'm getting really stressed about it. I don't know what's going to happen and my art teacher absolutely despises me for some reason despite me working at a very steady B, so this will probably add to that. Because the maths one was a mock that is okay to miss and retake, but the fact that the 5 hour art one is drawing a final piece for our mark making project makes me think I've just missed out on a huge chunk of my GCSE? I would appreciate some helpful answers and some advice about what to do because this stress is not helping my migraine.

Thanks in advance guys

Ethan
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by EthanRich)
    Hi guys,

So I'm 15 and I'm studying art. Currently we are having a two week span of "pre mocks" in year 10 (going into year 11) to get us ready for our exams. Last week was the first week and I got the bulk of them done. But this week I've had a horrible migraine and I missed one of my maths ones yesterday which is no big deal because I know I can retake that easily during lesson time. The problem is my art exam. This lasts 5 hours today and I'm going to miss it. They say it's a mock but nothing really is in art because it is all coursework. I'm just worried about what will happen. Can I retake it? I'm thinking not because of the length of time it is (pretty much a full school day) and I'm getting really stressed about it. I don't know what's going to happen and my art teacher absolutely despises me for some reason despite me working at a very steady B, so this will probably add to that. Because the maths one was a mock that is okay to miss and retake, but the fact that the 5 hour art one is drawing a final piece for our mark making project makes me think I've just missed out on a huge chunk of my GCSE? I would appreciate some helpful answers and some advice about what to do because this stress is not helping my migraine.

Thanks in advance guys

Ethan
    This happened to a few people at my school, they just used a different day or 5 hours of art lessons to finish it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.