Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    my hair has suddenly become very greasy very often
    i do was hmy hair regularly and usually i could go about a week without needing to wash it but recently its become greasy (to the point of NEEDING to wash it) every 2-3 days.

i use the same products (shampoo&conditioner) and nothing else and iv not done or used anything different.

what can cause this?

sidenote : im not pregnant

ReputationRep:
    try all the different brands?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    try all the different brands?
    i use the same as i did before, iv done nothing differently :/
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Would be to do with the heat and weather. My hair always becomes greasier more quickly in the summer, even on the grey dull days which I usually just put down to the humidity on those days and then heat on the warm days. Dry shampoo works a treat and saves you having to wash every couple of days

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Would be to do with the heat and weather. My hair always becomes greasier more quickly in the summer, even on the grey dull days which I usually just put down to the humidity on those days and then heat on the warm days. Dry shampoo works a treat and saves you having to wash every couple of days

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh **** yea! didnt even consider the weather!
    thanks brains!! <3
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    does your shampoo contain sulphates? that dries your hair causing your hair to overproduce sebum making it greasy
    does your condition have silicone? this causes build up on your hair and requires sulphates to remove the silicone build up.
    so i would ditch those two ingredients.

i've done this and my hair, which was previously in greasy ****** mess. now it's so comfortable and clean throughout the day.
    i would also use warm or cold water to wash my hair, not hot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    does your shampoo contain sulphates? that dries your hair causing your hair to overproduce sebum making it greasy
    does your condition have silicone? this causes build up on your hair and requires sulphates to remove the silicone build up.
    so i would ditch those two ingredients.

i've done this and my hair, which was previously in greasy ****** mess. now it's so comfortable and clean throughout the day.
    i would also use warm or cold water to wash my hair, not hot.
    ooh ok cool thanks!
    im having a bath soon so il check

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.