username2488767
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So far I've been to York and Durham (to give you an indication). I reallyu wanted a campus base and was very disappointed with Durham. Although being described as campus, it's pretty much a city-based. Is Southampton more like York or Durham?
Katiee224
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
From my visit, I felt it was very city based. It might be a good idea to have a look round on Google maps street view if you don't want to travel all the way down there.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by greghayes)
So far I've been to York and Durham (to give you an indication). I reallyu wanted a campus base and was very disappointed with Durham. Although being described as campus, it's pretty much a city-based. Is Southampton more like York or Durham?
Have a look at the virtual open day: http://virtualopenday.southampton.ac.uk/

It's more of a campus than Durham (but closer/more integrated to the city than York - accommodation is all off the main campus but in clusters so you still have a campus feel but you have a walk/bus ride in to lectures)
nucdev
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I studied at Southampton Uni although I haven't seen York or Durham. Personally I felt it was fairly integrated into the city, but still had a sort of campus feel to it as PQ said.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (32)
10.16%
Okay (93)
29.52%
A bit lacking (113)
35.87%
Not good at all (77)
24.44%

Watched Threads