Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by britishseapower)
    I work most weeknights though and do voluntary work at weekends plus I'm learning to drive and have various other things going on so its hard to committ myself to things
    Just a thought, but if you're really keen to do it, concentrate on passing your test before next September and then you'll have one more thing done and dusted. Plus, I dunno how you are geographically, but I know once I can drive myself places I'll be able to fit quite a bit more in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LS.)
    Do universities offer courses in sign-language, and do you have to pay for them?
    I don't know if universities do but I know my college does although you have to pay a fee for the course and a fee for the examination it's only like 20-30 quid though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by britishseapower)
    I don't know if universities do but I know my college does although you have to pay a fee for the course and a fee for the examination it's only like 20-30 quid though
    I don't have to pay anything since I'm under 19

ReputationRep:
    I would like to learn sign language but dont know where to start!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s43)
    I would like to learn sign language but dont know where to start!
    Check with your local FE college they may offer classes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    Check with your local FE college they may offer classes.
    Thanks for your help but Would i have to pay?

ReputationRep:
    apparently if your under 19 you don't have to but on my colleges website it normally says in the box where it has fees something like, you may not have to pay if your a certain age or something but on the sign language one it just includes the fees so I'm not sure if I would have to pay
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Some uni's offer it as a free course - wolverhampton offers a number of degrees in it (and so they offer basic tuition to any of their students).

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.