Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is learning the Highway Code (and obviously hazard perception) all that you need to know to pass the theory test or are there other things that you need to know & can you also direct me to good theory test notes/books that is good and increases my chances of passing my theory test

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Real_jenn)
    Is learning the Highway Code (and obviously hazard perception) all that you need to know to pass the theory test or are there other things that you need to know & can you also direct me to good theory test notes/books that is good and increases my chances of passing my theory test

Thanks in advance!
    Learning the highway code is helpful, but there's a lot more you need to know! I suggest getting a copy of the DVSA Official Theory Test for Car Drivers (I used this one), it has practice questions with the answers on all of the possible topics which could come up.

There's a website too called Theory Test Pro which I found really useful, it has practice questions laid out in the same format as they will be shown on the test (obviously the questions won't all be exactly the same as on the real test, there are almost certainly going to be at least a couple you haven't seen before!), plus lots of hazard perception practice clips. You do have to pay to use the site, but you can try it for free for a while before you decide whether you want to pay for it or not. Also, make sure you learn all the traffic signs too!

Good luck!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.