Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Here's what I wish to achieve this summer:

Green = complete
    Yellow = in progress
    Red = not started

1. Start learning to drive - had several lessons
    2. Read my books for A2 English Literature - read 3/3
    3. Read some of Shakespeare's historical plays - read Richard II and Henry IV (Parts I and II)
    4. Write a complete draft of my personal statement
    5. Practice for the LNAT (Law National Admissions Test)
    6. Meet up with my best friend (who I haven't seen in person since Easter)
    7. Go on holiday with my parents
    8. Clear out some of my old school stuff
    9. Re-watch series 1 of Poldark (before series 2 airs in Autumn)
    10. Have fun on my DofE expeditions!
    11. Bake something on my own

Last updated: 18/08/16
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by CatusStarbright)
    3. Read some of Shakespeare's historical plays
    Which plays are you thinking of reading? I'm going to see Richard III later this month :woo:

Also good luck on your bucket challenge!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    Which plays are you thinking of reading? I'm going to see Richard III later this month :woo:

Also good luck on your bucket challenge!
    Well I watched BBC's The Hollow Crown recently (both series) and have been inspired to read the plays. I loved Richard III and think that he (the real person, not the character) has been unjustly vilified by history and Shakespeare himself.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Well I watched BBC's The Hollow Crown recently (both series) and have been inspired to read the plays. I loved Richard III and think that he (the real person, not the character) has been unjustly vilified by history and Shakespeare himself.
    Oh definitely - it's so interesting to think that even as far into the Tudor's reign as Elizabeth I there still had to be pro-Tudor and anti-Plantagenet propaganda! It's a great play though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    Oh definitely - it's so interesting to think that even as far into the Tudor's reign as Elizabeth I there still had to be pro-Tudor and anti-Plantagenet propaganda! It's a great play though.
    Absolutely. Watching Shakespeare's historical plays has also inspired me to find out the real history of the Plantagenets and so I am currently reading Dan Jones' historical narrative 'The Plantagenets' and plan to follow it up with his sequel called 'The Hollow Crown' (incidentally) which deals with the Wars of the Roses and the rise of the Tudors.

ReputationRep:
    Well yesterday I met up my best friend and I introduced her to the Lord of the Rings trilogy, so we have one item ticked off the list! I hope to see her more times, perhaps next week.

ReputationRep:
    Well yesterday I met up my best friend and I introduced her to the Lord of the Rings trilogy, so we have one item ticked off the list! I hope to see her more times, perhaps next week.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I love LOTR. Good luck. Good luck with your bucket list.

ReputationRep:
    Old textbooks can sell well if the syllabus is still being used

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiiHyde)
    Old textbooks can sell well if the syllabus is still being used
    What for?

ReputationRep:
    What for?
    I was thinking if you're sorting out things and you had any lying around (I know myself that I plan to do this as I've just finished my GCSE's :bigsmile: ) But I guess I wouldn't know if you have any lol. But yeah just an idea :^_^:

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking if you're sorting out things and you had any lying around (I know myself that I plan to do this as I've just finished my GCSE's :bigsmile: ) But I guess I wouldn't know if you have any lol. But yeah just an idea :^_^:
    My GCSE textbooks and revision material etc will be going to my cousin this year, as he will be entering year 11 in September. I will probably be selling my AS Business Studies textbook though, as I won't be needing it anymore (unless something goes disastrously wrong on results day)

ReputationRep:
    My GCSE textbooks and revision material etc will be going to my cousin this year, as he will be entering year 11 in September. I will probably be selling my AS Business Studies textbook though, as I won't be needing it anymore (unless something goes disastrously wrong on results day)
    Oh that's nice (my cousins are all still too young for mine sadly) but good luck with your results day x

ReputationRep:
    Oh that's nice (my cousins are all still too young for mine sadly) but good luck with your results day x
    Thanks - the same to you

ReputationRep:
    Progress update: Today I booked my first driving lesson for Tuesday and I also made plans to see my best friend again tomorrow, when we will watch Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers! I also purchased some t-shirts, a bottle of dry shampoo and some hand santiser for my DofE expeditions.

ReputationRep:
    Objective 11 complete! Yesterday I made 2 bakewell tarts (one raspberry jam, one lemon curd) all by myself! Picture to follow when I can be bothered to fish it out of my phone

I can now also say that objective 3 is in progress - I began to read Richard II last night.

ReputationRep:
    Update: I finished reading Richard II and have nearly finished Henry IV Part 1. I have also nearly finished watching Poldark series 1 again and yesterday I came back from my gold DofE practice expedition with a lot of interesting memories.

ReputationRep:
    Latest update: I finished watching Poldark and have just returned from my holiday with my family in lovely Kent. I have also finished reading Henry IV Parts I and II and I am a third of the way through reading my third book for A2 English Lit.

ReputationRep:
    Well today I ticked off objective two by finishing reading The Kite Runner, one of the books I will be studying for Lit at A2 (the theme this year being political and social protest writing).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 10, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.