The Student Room Group

Young Voters!

Hi! I actually graduated last year but am hoping to apply for a Masters Degree in journalism (focusing on politics) or something related to this in the next year. Unfortunately, my degree couldn't be less relevant in the eyes of the powers that be, so I am writing a blog, showcasing my writing and knowledge. I'm in need of your help though. If this isn't allowed on this forum, I completely understand, please do let me know. A friend recommended I post here, however. I'm writing a piece on low youth voter turnouts during the referendum, general and local elections and am interested in your say. Is there anyone here who DIDN'T/DOESN'T NORMALLY vote? Again, this goes for all elections and referendums. Why do you not vote? I'm happy to make you anonymous if you so wish, however, I will need your age and (if you feel comfortable), your constituency. I'm in particular need of opinions from Scottish/Northern Irish people who don't vote, as well as people from the Midlands/North but still would love to hear voices from across the UK. Any help from you guys would be so invaluable. Thank you so much for your time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending